Gesture Recognition

TechFreak

I am starting a project on gesture recognition and other AI technologies and i have to accomplish certain tasks and i need the help regarding them

The following are the tasks:

Product review..(It evaluates anything that comes across the camera) like providing ratings for a book which comes infront of the cam

Paint application...

image resizeing

Capture a photo with some getsure..

a brief discription or explanations regarding the above topics are appreciated

Any reference to any document or code is most welcome

thnx

To recognize gestures, you need to capture images from a video camera and do an image recognition algorithm on it. Image recognition is easy if you know what object you are looking for. It basically involves colors. For example, assume you are looking for a green box in a black background. In your algorithm, you just need to keep processing the image (RGB values) and keep looking for the color green. Now there are two steps to this process:

1) image recognition: here you look for object until it appears in your frame

2) finding the position and size of the object: once you know that you have found your object, you begin to find its dimensions. Then, using basic trigonometry, you find its position