Can't find.

gene

Spent some time finding the thread that asked how to find 20x + 10x^2 = 0

So, moderators, please help. Sorry.

Ok, you can solve graphically although i know the answer might not be accurate. By trial and error, i got an answer where x=0.03... something.

I guess you can't solve by log as you can't log a negative 20x.

the answer should be from between y=-20x and y=10x^2

I think only by using a special software to graphically draw out the graph and read from it.

Hope it might help. :x

Spent some time finding the thread that asked how to find 20x + 10x^2 = 0

So' date=' moderators, please help. Sorry.

Ok, you can solve graphically although i know the answer might not be accurate. By trial and error, i got an answer where x=0.03... something.

I guess you can't solve by log as you can't log a negative 20x.

the answer should be from between y=-20x and y=10x^2

I think only by using a special software to graphically draw out the graph and read from it.

Hope it might help. :x[/quote']

special software? log? :confused: It's a quadratic.

Try the quadratic formula. But just by inspection, one answer is 0.

The other answer is -2.

-2 is what i got just doing it in my head now.........

x=(-2)

20x + 10x^2= 0

20 times -2 = -40

-2^2 = 4 times 10 = +40

-40 + 40 = 0

I'm only in junior high school and unless this problem is something totally different than that, then those are my thoughts on that question.

yeah. can't seem to get the answer. only be computer's plotting of graph then i think an answer would be possible. i ask my teacher on that one. he talked about searching it through graphs. log would be impossible.

No reply since.

not sure. but graphically it is possible. if you have that so called "advance mathematics software plotting system" ha.

forget it, i can't get it too. Althought it is food for thought!

Thanks for your help. :)

not sure. but graphically it is possible. if you have that so called "advance mathematics software plotting system" ha.

forget it, i can't get it too. Althought it is food for thought!

Thanks for your help. :)

OK. I'm on the case. Let's crack this baby open! A little experimentation shows the answer must be very close to zero and it must be negative.

I could post the answer now(I used Mathematica) but that'd be no fun! Let's figure out how to do it algebraicly. Hint: I don't know the exact procedure but this CAN be done with logs.

OK. I'm on the case. Let's crack this baby open! A little experimentation shows the answer must be very close to zero and it must be negative.

I could post the answer now(I used Mathematica) but that'd be no fun! Let's figure out how to do it algebraicly. Hint: I don't know the exact procedure but this CAN be done with logs.