Graduate program --- Mathematical Biology & Mathematical/ Computational Neurosciences

kostasrousmath

Hallo my friends from Crete,

Ι am a student at the third year in the Department of Mathematics at University of Crete.!!!

I want to continue my studies with a master and Ph.D in Mathematical Biology or Computational/ Mathematical Neurosciences.

I want to tell me, if you know, about the graduate programs in this area of Mathematics.

What are the requirements of the entrance in these programs (GRE test, IELTS test ext.).

I am sorry if I don't write very well English, but I try...!!!

Thanks a lot about your answers.!!!!

Kostas from Crete.

Ι am a student at the third year in the Department of Mathematics at University of Crete.!!!

I want to continue my studies with a master and Ph.D in Mathematical Biology or Computational/ Mathematical Neurosciences.

I want to tell me, if you know, about the graduate programs in this area of Mathematics.

What are the requirements of the entrance in these programs (GRE test, IELTS test ext.).

I am sorry if I don't write very well English, but I try...!!!

Thanks a lot about your answers.!!!!

Kostas from Crete.

My experience with some mathematical biologists is not good -- lousy mathematics and no understanding of biology.

However, Frank Hoppensteadt is an exception. See what he is doing at NYU.

https://files.nyu.edu/fh21/public/

• 1 month later...

I know about the Honors/MSc and PhD Programs at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. There is a group within the Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics called MARAM (Marine Resource Assessment and Management Group)

Research focus

The focus of the Group's work is the assessment and management of renewable marine resources. 'Assessment' relates to the evaluation of the present size (in particular in relation to pre-exploitation levels) and the productivity of a resource, while 'management' pertains to the translation of this information into scientific recommendations on appropriate limitations for harvest levels. Most of the methods used at present to lead to such recommendations for South Africa's major commercial fisheries have been developed by the Group. In particular, the adoption of automated feedback-control management procedures has been successfully promoted for some of these fisheries (this is an area where South Africa is regarded as a world leader).

They also offer courses in Biological, Ecology and Environmental Modeling.

http://www.mth.uct.ac.za/maram/

IELTS is usually an overall score of 7.0

Hey guys, Im lost a bit:D I wana write a mathematical model for line balancing... i need help, do you know where should i ask this question?!:D

You can ask the question under the Mathematics section; I presume your question deals with a problem in Applied Mathematics, post your question under that heading in the Mathematics section.

Do this by starting a topic! :lol: