Need help finding quality books on:

LyLy13

I am going back to highschool, after 3 years of bad teachers, bad advice, bad choices and laziness I have just finished year 12 (in Australia) but I am going back to do Year 11 (then year 12) chemisty, physics and mathematics. The problem is i don't have much confidence in my knowledge of the topics and I would like to learn as much as I can, so that I will be able to achieve the best possible grade.

I am not sure what books would be worth my time in these topics and what books would be a waste of money could you please help me?

I would also like to learn about aerodynamics and meteorology, and would like to hear about good books on those topics

Thanks heaps.

Edited by LyLy13

• 1 month later...

I am not sure what books would be worth my time in these topics and what books would be a waste of money could you please help me?

A good book would be Fundamentals of Physics by Jearl Walker, and will accompany you up to first year Physics at University. The book comes in a bundle which covers: Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Heat and Modern Physics.

The book requires working knowledge of Differential and Integral Calculus, which can be acquired using the book Calculus Concepts and Contexts by James Stewart, which will also accompany up to first year University.

I would also like to learn about aerodynamics and meteorology, and would like to hear about good books on those topics

I wouldn't know much about aerodynamics books, but if you intend to learn the more advanced aerodynamics theory, you would need a strong background in Mathematics in topics such as; Multivariate Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations.

My suggestion would be to first learn the qualitative knowledge of aerodynamics, more like what pilots are introduced to while training for their PPL (Private Pilots License), for example what an airfoil is, its camber, leading and trailing edge, flaps spoilers. Also how the airfoil produces lift relative to moving air, the Venturi effect etc. It will benefit you as it will give a strong conceptual understanding of aerodynamics.

Hope this helps and have fun :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...