Your "signature"

TonyMcC

Most people put a "signature" at the bottom of their posts. I change mine quite frequently in response to various thoughts.

My first "signature" was a quote from the TV program "Bread" and was " The only good thing about getting old is that you don't have to give a bugger". Bearing in mind that I am quite old I thought it both apt and amusing. When I thought about it I decided it might be offensive to some of the members, so I changed it.

Another "signature" that I have used is a quote by US senator Daniel Moynihan "You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts". I chose this after a disagreement with a Staff Member as we clearly had different opinions concerning the word "opinion".

My latest "signature" is "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions". There is someone who knows who I am and how to read my posts. This signature is a form of explanation and also an apology. Perhaps I should add "There is no fool like an old fool"!

So - how much thought do you put into your signature and do you change it often?

Edited by TonyMcC

Well, the first part is a guide i wrote to encourage people to use the IRC channel

The second part is a useful piece of advice when dealing with new ideas. If they're getting thrown at you really fast without sufficient time to process then there's probably something wrong with them that people are trying to prevent you from spotting. Take a deep breath and a closer look and you can usually spot it.

?Haven't changed it in ages though.

Most people put a "signature" at the bottom of their posts. I change mine quite frequently in response to various thoughts.

My first "signature" was a quote from the TV program "Bread" and was " The only good thing about getting old is that you don't have to give a bugger". Bearing in mind that I am quite old I thought it both apt and amusing. When I thought about it I decided it might be offensive to some of the members, so I changed it.

Another "signature" that I have used is a quote by US senator Daniel Moynihan "You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts". I chose this after a disagreement with a Staff Member as we clearly had different opinions concerning the word "opinion".

My latest "signature" is "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions". There is someone who knows who I am and how to read my posts. This signature is a form of explanation and also an apology. Perhaps I should add "There is no fool like an old fool"!

So - how much thought do you put into your signature and do you change it often?

Hadn't thought of having a signature, untill now. Watch this space... :rolleyes:

It's a testament to individualism made by Valerie when she discovered herself after being tortured by V and reading the note she received in 'prison'.

Of course I knew what it was after I made a post and looked at it. I just had no idea what I actually set as my sig, you silly commie.

edit: Valerie wasn't tortured by V

Edited by ydoaPs

Oh, I do believe in all the things you say. But you're wrong about this.

You may want to rewatch the film. Valerie was tortured by the government for being gay. Evey was tortured by V to force a shift in perspective.

Not a great deal.... and no

Maybe I will now though