compiler construction or data warehousing

aarij

Hey guys,

This is my first ever post on science forums, I wanted to know the opinion of the professionals on a matter, I am doing my BS in CS, and in the coming semester I have to choose between two courses, 1) Compiler construction and 2) Data warehousing.

I need someone to give me suggestion and explain it as well.

Thanks.

Without any explanation .. I would suggest (2) data warehousing

Simply because, (a) you won't build a compiler (b) a waste of time, in case you're not into compilers

On the other side, data warehousing is a very good thing to learn at this point .. because Data

Management is an important aspect in any Information System ...

.. good luck

Compiler Construction, buddy!

@khaled

Data Warehousing

Wouldn't that mean the least of "Computer Science" ?

(a) you won't build a compiler (b) a waste of time, in case you're not into compilers

Your first point (a), however unfortunate is true. You don't get to make an actual compiler during the class. But your second set me off. The class is far more valuable (to a computer scientist) than data warehousing (which appears IT related).

Actually, you probably should just take the binary quantum cyberspace hyper-technology digital technology circuits & wires internet technology class of awesomeness. I found that the most useful of all. Oh, and then go buy an iPad and sell your computer.

Edited by swansont
OT/inappropriate comment removed