How can there be...?

seriously disabled

How can there be a loving and good-hearted God if so many good people in the world are constantly suffering, are in persistent pain or are in great trouble like hunger, disease, disability, homlessness or persecution?

More Than 1 Billion People Are chronically hungry in the World. These people just don't have enough money to buy food. These people are in a state of persistent hunger pains.

100 million people and especially children in the world live and sleep on the streets. These people are called the chronically homeless. Many of them have no access to food (because they probably have no money), safe drinking water or medicines when they are sick.

If you are a Chrisitian, then how do you answer that? Would would a kind and loving God allow so many people to suffer or be tormented endlessly?

Edited by seriously disabled

If there is a higher power in the universe, this is the reason I can't imagine it being concerned with humans as individuals. Maybe an entity that says to itself one day, "Hey, I have a great idea! Wait, no, hold on, YES! A few simple yet complicated laws to bring order to the chaos, wow, this could work! If I created time as well then it would kind of go on forever, sort of percolating and well, evolving all by itself. Oooh, evolving, evolution, that's also deliciously simple yet complicated! Let's start with a little bit of mass, squeeze it just so, wow, that heats up nicely! I just need some sort of sudden expansion, hmmm, like this and then..." <BANG!> "Not bad! Well, I'll let that cool a bit and look back in on it later. What's next?"

How can there be a loving and good-hearted God if so many good people in the world are constantly suffering, are in persistent pain or are in great trouble like hunger, disease, disability, homlessness or persecution?

More Than 1 Billion People Are chronically hungry in the World. These people just don't have enough money to buy food. These people are in a state of persistent hunger pains.

100 million people and especially children in the world live and sleep on the streets. These people are called the chronically homeless. Many of them have no access to food (because they probably have no money), safe drinking water or medicines when they are sick.

If you are a Chrisitian, then how do you answer that? Would would a kind and loving God allow so many people to suffer or be tormented endlessly?

Could the answer be that God has inspired Christians to invent Science. Science does have the power, through its inventions, to alleviate human suffering.

Is it only coincidence, that Christianity and Science have grown up together over the last 2,000 years. They've sometimes been in seeming conflict with each other.

But don't they both have the same purpose - to lead humans to a better world?