How did plants originate?

This is something that has been on my mind for a while. I have done some research and I cannot find anything that answers my question to my satisfaction.How did they come to be? Did they start with the first seed? If so, how did that seed come about without any other seeds to produce it? If someone could give me a link or something that would be great. I'm also new to the forums..so..hey. I'm 15 and in the 10th grade and want to become a scientist.

Thanks.

This is something that has been on my mind for a while. I have done some research and I cannot find anything that answers my question to my satisfaction.How did they come to be? Did they start with the first seed? If so, how did that seed come about without any other seeds to produce it? If someone could give me a link or something that would be great. I'm also new to the forums..so..hey. I'm 15 and in the 10th grade and want to become a scientist.

Thanks

The answer is that the first plants did not come from seeds but originated as algal films. Those flims over many millions of years developed into things like marine macro algae then on to liver worts, mosses, then ferns, cycads, and so on, so the first plants did not have seeds. The first plants probably reproduced when pieces of them were moved by water or wind, spores developed from sexual reproduction then on to bigger spores which eventually developed into plants with seeds. There are extinct plants called seed ferns that are some place in between spore plants like ferns and seed plants like cycads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pteridospermatophyta