How do OBEs work?

Hi:

There are many cases of patient who are "clinically dead" and are then brought back to life. During this 'death', these patients are able to perceive the universe in locations beyond the range of normal perception. For example, such a patient can see what is happening in other parts of the hospital and outside the hospital. What the patient perceives is often confirmed by real events. In addition, patients who are born blind can see during this out-of-body-experience and patients born deaf can hear.

What are the scientific explanations for the above interesting facts?

How can one perceive beyond normal sensory mechanisms?

How can one born without sight be able to see during an OBE?

How can one born without hearing be able to hear during an OBE?

After reading about these cases, I'm no longer convinced there is such a thing as 'death'. No matter how depressed I am, I'll never jump off a cliff because, the resulting OBE maybe a lot more painful then any agony I could experience while 'alive'.

Thanks,

GX

• 4 weeks later...

Hi:

There are many cases of patient who are "clinically dead" and are then brought back to life. During this 'death', these patients are able to perceive the universe in locations beyond the range of normal perception. For example, such a patient can see what is happening in other parts of the hospital and outside the hospital. What the patient perceives is often confirmed by real events. In addition, patients who are born blind can see during this out-of-body-experience and patients born deaf can hear.

What are the scientific explanations for the above interesting facts?

How can one perceive beyond normal sensory mechanisms?

How can one born without sight be able to see during an OBE?

How can one born without hearing be able to hear during an OBE?

After reading about these cases, I'm no longer convinced there is such a thing as 'death'. No matter how depressed I am, I'll never jump off a cliff because, the resulting OBE maybe a lot more painful then any agony I could experience while 'alive'.

Thanks,

GX

you could as well do research to find out what the blind and deaf dream about on a normal day.

and as for your conviction, ask the cadavers in med school