What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

• 2 weeks later...

the best song ever

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Biko

The security services imprisoned Biko at Walmer Police Station in Port Elizabeth, where he was held in custody for almost a month.[114] On arrival, he was kept naked in a cell for twenty days, with his legs in shackles.[115] During his interrogation, he was severely beaten by one of the ten security police officers,[116] although the exact events have never been ascertained.[117] He received three brain lesions that resulted in a massive brain haemorrhage on 6 September.[118] Following this incident, Biko's captors forced him to remain standing and shackled to the wall.[119]

Two doctors examined him, and recommended that he be transferred to the police hospital at Pretoria.[117] On 11 September, police loaded him into the back of a Land Rover, naked and manacled, and drove him the 700 kilometres to the hospital.[120] There, Biko died alone in a cell on 12 September 1977.[121] According to a subsequent autopsy, Biko had died following a brain injury which had centralised blood circulation in his body and resulted in intravasal blood coagulation, acute kidney failure, and uremia.[122] Biko was the twenty-first person to die in a South African prison in the span of twelve months.[123]

I think I just experienced anti-Bent prejudice. Do not listen to Bent in public.

As for me, maybe I will move to Australia since this place seems to be opposite land and getting worse.

both long, long-time favorites

Edited by MonDie

The following was an Andre Rieu concert I attended in Melbourne 2008.......

A beautiful Aussie Angel singing an old Australian favourite about Botany Bay, where I live on the shores of......

Enjoy!

You don't believe in Angels????

Here's another of the Greek variety.......

One of the biggest selling female recording artists ever......and didn't need to get here gear off to achieve it!

Great! If I'm not mistaken, that's from a concert in LA: I have it also on cd.

Zubhan Metha being the conductor

It is. I'm in awe of their abilities.

The following is a track from a new cd I have purchased of the King and a lesser known German singer named Helene Fischer, backed by the London Symphony Orchestra.

Wow!!! Wonderful!!!!

Excellent! May I ask the name of the CD?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my Greek Angel again

and some C+W

and unbelievable rendition of Franz Schubert's Nocturne "Only Time will tell"

And another song made famous in the Movie that starred Humphrey Bogart, and Ingrid Bergman "Cassablanca"

Children of the Stars: Nana Mouskouri and the Athenians:

• 2 weeks later...