What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

Hell yes. Does that surprise you?

Yes, considering he died around the time you were born.. He's not very well known except amongst blues aficianados.really. You have good taste anyway. Blues of that kind speaks to my soul.

Edited by StringJunky

Yes, considering he died around the time you were born.. He's not very well known except amongst blues aficianados.really. You have good taste anyway. Blues of that kind speaks to my soul.

He's well known in the US even among the youngsters. To get straight up cultural and musical cluelessness you need to look one age group below mine.

Also, I'm a guitar player, so I know much more than the typical person.

Edited by Tampitump

He's well known in the US even among the youngsters. To get straight up cultural and musical cluelessness you need to look one age group below mine.

Also, I'm a guitar player, so I know much more than the typical person.

Right. That's good because he was pretty special in that genre, imo anyway.

I have an expensive acoustic guitar and can play one tune on it. :) I bought it just to do that.

My guitar is home built. I made it out of a piece of alder, and I made the neck out of maple and ebony. I had a guy I know who paints motorcycles do the finish work on it. Its silver (electric guitar). I also have a Takamine acoustic guitar. I'm in the market for a new amp.

Nah, I think Elvis in the Beatles had them beat.

Yes, probably. Wiki says it's the first promotional video that made that style a regular thing. It was certainly a first to me. On UK's Top of the Pops, people were expected to mime perform on it when they reached No.1 and Queen couldn't make it due to prior commitments. To fill in their absence they made that video for TOTPs... it was the first for that, which was unheard of, I think, at the time. This is my memory, as a 13 year old at the time.