What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a quite riveting showing of the Euromaiden protests in 2013-2014. It's quite hard to watch at times but it really gives a feeling of the determination of the people there. You need 90 minutes to watch it through.

Edited by StringJunky

10 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Euromaiden protests

Great typo.  Yes, the Maidan uprising, or Euromaidan, was an outstanding movement against corruption and for democracy.  I watched a couple episodes of the Ukraine political satire, Servant of the People,  that made Zelenskii famous, in which he plays the history teacher who runs for president on an anti-corruption platform.  Funny stuff.

Putin is trying to break the will of Ukrainian people by destroying their power plants now.  I do not think Ukrainians are easily broken.

35 minutes ago, TheVat said:

Great typo.  Yes, the Maidan uprising, or Euromaidan, was an outstanding movement against corruption and for democracy.  I watched a couple episodes of the Ukraine political satire, Servant of the People,  that made Zelenskii famous, in which he plays the history teacher who runs for president on an anti-corruption platform.  Funny stuff.

Putin is trying to break the will of Ukrainian people by destroying their power plants now.  I do not think Ukrainians are easily broken.

Correction noted. Ta. Watching this and the PBS's Battle for Ukraine (requires Google sign in here) has given me more of an understanding of nationalist groups, and the history and catalysts behind their formation. I think it would be fair to say the Europe-centric part is pretty damn indomitable.

Edited by StringJunky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...