What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

On 1/5/2022 at 4:02 AM, iNow said:

Ring the bells that still can ring

Forget your perfect offering

There is a crack in everything

That’s how the light gets in

Amazing. I was listening to this song no more than 3 or 4 days ago. I've just remembered and was about to post it. And I see your post.

!!

• 2 weeks later...

When I was helping to crew a three masted barquentine across the Pacific called the Eolus, I was at the helm one night on the midnight to 0400 hrs watch,  around 0130hrs just after crossing the equator...pretty damn hot and some guest crew were sleeping on deck. While I was masterly steering our way across the great blue Pacific, I was singing an old song called "South of the Border'  this one....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRo-XczWkPY perhaps not as sweetly, but I wasn't half bad, at least that's what I thought. 

Soon an old school teacher who was sleeping on deck, came up, blanket around her shoulders, and kindly told me my voice was fucking terrible and she couldn't sleep!
Anyway she threw her hands up in the air and decided to go to the furthest part of the ship away from me at the helm, up to the focsle forward of the mainmast.
Edited by beecee

LOL. What a bunch of old geezers we are. My dad loved these Italian songs, especially Domenico Modugno.

For all old geezers out there,

Domenico Modugno: Volare: https://youtu.be/t4IjJav7xbg

Domenico Modugno: Ciao, ciao bambina: https://youtu.be/ygiHfNMwpdI

You have no idea what a high price I've had to pay to scavenge for these oldies. I've been prompted that damned add selling funeral plans for British ex-pats two times in a row.

They've fixed me with their cookies.

11 hours ago, joigus said:

LOL. What a bunch of old geezers we are. My dad loved these Italian songs, especially Domenico Modugno.

I had this young punk a year or so ago call me a old bastard. My reply was, "Hey matey, I'm there, you have yet to get there!"😉 

Italian songs? 

18 minutes ago, joigus said:

Hey, you re-posted my post!

Nah, never mind. You can re-post Modugno any time.

Ooops, sorry!! Been wrapped up in the Tennis! Still you have Mario and the Greek Angel as extras.😉

in english and Italian......

Anna Netrebko ~ O Mio Babbino Caro ~ Giacomo Puccini

5 hours ago, MigL said:

I remember visiting Italy in 1975, when I was 115 years old, and constantly hearing Domenico Modugno's last big 'hit'

Didn't really appreciate it much ... at the time.

Yeah, it really doesn’t resonate the way it’s intended until you’re over 160 years old

Lorna Shore's And I Return to Nothingness EP was one of the best things to happen in 2021 and is currently getting me through making a phage lysate in the lab that was meant to be shipped out by close of business today.