What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

57 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

The washing machine. It's been acting funny, or failing to act altogether; it's only 5 years old and we don't have a spare $600 atm. As long as I can hear it grumbling and moaning, I'm content.

Why doesn’t it surprise me that a sad, middle aged woman gets her only turn on from downvoting people on internet forums and not from music. We got a new washing mashine last week btw, it displays its status through LED’s on the floor, its dead quiet and its a bit more than $600. 

Edited by koti

9 minutes ago, zapatos said:

I'm sitting here thinking, 'wasn't I just on the music thread?'

That's pretty cool!

Yeah, the new Bosch washers and dishwashers do that.

Edited by koti

3 minutes ago, zapatos said:

I'm sitting here thinking, 'wasn't I just on the music thread?

My reference to The Byrds was a lame attempt to maintain topical relevance.

Back to topic:  Sorry to hear about Bronski.  Too soon.  As a Gershwin fan, I recall Bronski did a tune of theirs, It Ain't Necessarily So, back in the eighties.  I wonder if Bronski influenced The Eurythmics.  Had a similar synth sound.

4 minutes ago, TheVat said:

My reference to The Byrds was a lame attempt to maintain topical relevance.

Back to topic:  Sorry to hear about Bronski.  Too soon.  As a Gershwin fan, I recall Bronski did a tune of theirs, It Ain't Necessarily So, back in the eighties.  I wonder if Bronski influenced The Eurythmics.  Had a similar synth sound.

Eurythmics was about a year later on, Steve Bronski was to Synth Pop what Kraftwerk is to Techno but he was never in the spotlight.

27 minutes ago, koti said:

Why doesn’t it surprise me that a sad, middle aged woman gets her only turn on from downvoting people on internet forums and not from music.

I don't know. You must have an underwhelming imagination. 

I saw the OP question and thought I'd throw in something a little less predictable. Sorry if it upset you!

5 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

I don't know. You must have an underwhelming imagination. 

I saw the OP question and thought I'd throw in something a little less predictable. Sorry if it upset you!

No upset, a nice friday evening uplift in fact. I was here long before you in this music OP btw and I will be long after youre gone.

6 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Oh, now I get it. 😄

Yeah, I will probably retire when my upvotes get into 200’s in the late 2022’’s if I don’t get banned that is. Afterall, this is the core reason behind this forum, nobody talks about it but the bandwagon and the „Queen” gets to you throuh downvoting and the upvoting - its been years now. 

Edited by koti

Lately I often listen to audio podcasts instead of music. I especially like podcasts on military topics. Just recently, I listened to an issue about the carrying of firearms by ordinary citizens. They were comparing the Hidden Hybrid Holster Vs Crossbreed and choosing which one was better. Also talked about military conflicts in different parts of the world. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 10:15 PM, StringJunky said:

Two versions of Bach's Prelude No.1

Gives me chills this one:

Relished it!

This is my contribution to your subtopic:

And the original:

Goosebumps, honest. Bach reigns supreme.

Enough said.

3 hours ago, joigus said:

Beautiful. 

Man with watch always knows the time, man with two watches is never sure, man with Bach feels time's substance. ;) 

About 15 years ago, I heard Julian Byzantine's version on lute  of this, and proclaimed to my guitar-playing friend that I wanted to play like that, and he responded with "Just buy the record"... way to suck my ego out. :D

• 2 weeks later...