What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

I love Mr Bungle.  I never listened to Faith No More.  We need moral behavior, not moral frameworks.  One-Two Punch.

Thank you Anna Biishiki? What you do is important.

I've been waking up late every Monday.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, beecee said:

An old Aussie group from the sixties, who I had the pleasure of having a few beers with...

I love how the early 60's radicals grew the long hair... but still felt obliged to wear a suit and tie.

...who I had the pleasure of having a few beers with...

Why do I get the feeling you'd be hard pressed to name a few Aussies who you have NOT had a few beers with? 😁

9 hours ago, zapatos said:

I love how the early 60's radicals grew the long hair... but still felt obliged to wear a suit and tie.

Why do I get the feeling you'd be hard pressed to name a few Aussies who you have NOT had a few beers with? 😁

We also had a own version of the King of rock n roll...while never having the great voice of Elvis, his looks, charisma etc, he was energetic, a showman, entrepeneur and prolific record producer. He also like Elvis, died at the young age of 42 years. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I went to school with him, a Christian Brothers college, at least until he was expelled, but never had a beer with him! 😉 we were too  young at that stage...he was always a bit of a larrikan.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, beecee said:

Another old Rocker jas left us and gone to rock n roll heaven...

This blokes still going...perhaps some truth in the old adage, only the good die young......

Originally made a faux pas here's the bloke that is still going strong [relatively speaking] is nick-named the Killer...this one... 

Edited by beecee

Sometimes a cover supplies something that the song really needed (and was not quite getting from the original band), like Joe Cocker taking The Animals Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood and knocking it out of the park with his vocals.  Or Santana's cover of Fleetwood Mac's  Black Magic Woman.  Or Janis Joplin taking Bobby McGee away from Kris Kristofferson.   

I'll give the Dead version a listen.   That's a band I used to be meh about back in the day,  but have found more to like as I get older.  And,  as far as covers go,  Counting Crows slow tempo version of Friend of the Devil is a far lesser thing than the original.  

47 minutes ago, TheVat said:

Sometimes a cover supplies something that the song really needed (and was not quite getting from the original band), like Joe Cocker taking The Animals Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood and knocking it out of the park with his vocals.  Or Santana's cover of Fleetwood Mac's  Black Magic Woman.  Or Janis Joplin taking Bobby McGee away from Kris Kristofferson.   

I'll give the Dead version a listen.   That's a band I used to be meh about back in the day,  but have found more to like as I get older.  And,  as far as covers go,  Counting Crows slow tempo version of Friend of the Devil is a far lesser thing than the original.  

Anyone listening to Dead and Company, (former members of the original Grateful Dead band with John Mayer and some new members).  Pretty solid performances actually.

54 minutes ago, Alex_Krycek said:

Anyone listening to Dead and Company, (former members of the original Grateful Dead band with John Mayer and some new members).  Pretty solid performances actually.

Holy crap! That is the best thing I've seen posted in this thread in a long time!

Thanks for sharing!!!!

2 hours ago, TheVat said:

There are some that don't bring anything new to it, which is a big "meh" in my book, but the Dead have a unique sound. 

Also in the "unique sound" category is Johnny Cash's version of "Heart of Gold"

9 hours ago, zapatos said:

Holy crap! That is the best thing I've seen posted in this thread in a long time!

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Second that.  Wow.   Instrumental breaks were outstanding.   Though maybe bring the piano break up a little in the mix -- didn't need quite so much rhythm section right there.   

And agree with @swansont the Dead cover of Good Lovin really thrives with their unique sound. 

You people are going to have me in a tie-dye and ponytail, if this keeps up.   

• 3 weeks later...