What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

14 hours ago, DirtyChai said:

This had a major influence on me as a child.  My small world suddenly became infinite. . .

I saw it as a teenager in late 80's. It left me stunned and it became a cult film amongst me and my friends.

Here is a new Russian "band" which obviously can be compared to the south african "Die Antwoord" (which sucks) but I thinK they're a lot more significant. I found about their existence a week ago and I think they will be a part of modern music. Irony and kitsch dressed up in modern clothes:

Edited by koti

1 hour ago, Prometheus said:

You don't like Die Antwoord? I think you're freaky.

I spent too much time in South Africa to have a „normal” reaction to those Die Antwoord sellouts. Jack Parow is decent:

Original mix here:

Edited by koti

This video inspired me to learn about the use of various mathematical expressions in video and algorithmic animation about 10 years ago.  It surprises me that even today,  people still say that you won't  really need to use advanced math in your life.  There was a recent national commercial for an app.   The video animations in the commercial along with the app itself involved complex mathematics and coding, yet the commercial had a segment showing a mathematics teacher running out on her class saying, "you won't use this anyway."

Anyway, I think this video provides a decent social commentary on materialism as well. . .

Humans are weird.

I hear this song in my head every time I enter this forum, or play heads up poker. . .

Love the change up at 2:36.

Edited by DirtyChai

28 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

They just keep getting better! Original Music from Motion Device!

Ya, not bad.  Good lookin' on their audio engineer/producer.  I like the pigeon shot or whatever the fuck bird that was -  but regardless, they really need some help on the cinematography side of it all.. . .

And tho it sounds really clean, maybe even too clean,  they're gonna have to "dumb it down" a notch  to match the video.   This isn't the 90s anymore with Bob Rock style perfection.  We need to see some grit, you know what I mean?

Edited by DirtyChai

5 hours ago, DirtyChai said:

Ya, not bad.  Good lookin' on their audio engineer/producer.  I like the pigeon shot or whatever the fuck bird that was -  but regardless, they really need some help on the cinematography side of it all.. . .

And tho it sounds really clean, maybe even too clean,  they're gonna have to "dumb it down" a notch  to match the video.   This isn't the 90s anymore with Bob Rock style perfection.  We need to see some grit, you know what I mean?

Their style is both unique and reminiscent of heavy metal from the old days, they do a great cover of Ballroom blitz.

They have a lot of music out, all over you tube, not sure how well their latest album is doing but I'll post some more of their stuff.

This is a cover but they do it better than the original. IMHO. 

Sara's big sister can play that six string bass like nobody's business, I love it!  

This one is original.

Edited by Moontanman

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff on the first video.

As for the second, Lady Gaga and I have a love/hate relationship. . .

Je veux ton amour et je veux ta revanche, Je veux ton amour. . .

Here's the true Lady Gaga.  A side of which many of you may have not seen. 

I love it.  She reminds me of the cool headbanging chicks in high school we'd hang with at belle Isle.

Edited by DirtyChai