What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

Just playing some poker, listening to Orion. . .

I particularly love the change up at 4:00, 5:10 and beyond.

Love the incredible photography particularly at  near the beginning....the music I refuse to comment on, :P

36 minutes ago, beecee said:

Love the incredible photography particularly at  near the beginning

Ya, however, being an editor/animator I'd like to create a video as a side project with better continuity using more realistic imagery/effects.

36 minutes ago, beecee said:

the music I refuse to comment on, :P

Ya, us Metallica fans get that a lot. . .

But don't despair,  given my love for all music, I'm bound to eventually post something more palatable to your aging taste buds.;)

Edited by DirtyChai

1 hour ago, DirtyChai said:

Ya, however, being an editor/animator I'd like to create a video as a side project with better continuity using more realistic imagery/effects.

Ya, us Metallica fans get that a lot. . .

But don't despair,  given my love for all music, I'm bound to eventually post something more palatable to your aging taste buds.;)

It's interesting how our tastes fossilize. Although I like a lot of genres, I'm into guitar stuff of the 70's most deeply.

22 hours ago, StringJunky said:

It's interesting how our tastes fossilize. Although I like a lot of genres, I'm into guitar stuff of the 70's most deeply.

Like this bloke?

and another.....

Yeah yeah OK, I go back before the seventies! :P

Edited by beecee

On 10/21/2018 at 7:00 AM, StringJunky said:

Ya, I wonder about that as well from time to time.   As a child in the 80s I was mostly subject to 70s classic rock by my parents, so that's pretty much my default genre.  If I had a choice of listening to only one band, I'd have to go with Zeppelin - not necessarily because they're my favorite, but because they've produced such a broad range of music that can satisfy practically any emotional situation.

By my mid 20s, I felt that my music collection had pretty much everything  I needed to carry me through the rest of life.  I don't even pay much attention to the new stuff coming out from my favorite bands of the 70s, 80s an 90s.

2 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

Ya, I wonder about that as well from time to time.   As a child in the 80s I was mostly subject to 70s classic rock by my parents, so that's pretty much my default genre.  If I had a choice of listening to only one band, I'd have to go with Zeppelin - not necessarily because they're my favorite, but because they've produced such a broad range of music that can satisfy practically any emotional situation.

By my mid 20s, I felt that my music collection had pretty much everything  I needed to carry me through the rest of life.  I don't even pay much attention to the new stuff coming out from my favorite bands of the 70s, 80s an 90s.

I think, as you get older, you have other interests and when you need a fix of music, you stick with the familiar because you know it will give you what you want.

10 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

I think, as you get older, you have other interests and when you need a fix of music, you stick with the familiar because you know it will give you what you want.

If it wasn't for youtube, I wouldn't even know I had other interests.  I really like the crossbreeding of genres like electro-swing.

I was also forced into indie music because it fits so well with some of the ads I create.

Edited by DirtyChai