What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2012 at 11:31 AM, Moontanman said:

"The Monster by Steppenwolf, amazing how 40 years later the song still resonates with reality..."

Wow, you selected "The Monster" by Steppenwolf!!!   In my junior year in high school (in 1971) we had to do a team project.  My 3-man team made a 20 minute movie in which we used the song "The Monster".   We passed out to the class the words to the song "The Monster".  Our movie was called "Progress...the Monster".  It was about environmental degradation.  We used pictures from our history book for scenes from America's past.

What am I listening to now?   I discovered this new song by Hollie Cook "Angel Fire" and it brings tears to my eyes.  Enjoy!!!

Edited by Airbrush

5 hours ago, Airbrush said:

Wow, you selected "The Monster" by Steppenwolf!!!   In my junior year in high school (in 1971) we had to do a team project.  My 3-man team made a 20 minute movie in which we used the song "The Monster".   We passed out to the class the words to the song "The Monster".  Our movie was called "Progress...the Monster".  It was about environmental degradation.  We used pictures from our history book for scenes from America's past.

What am I listening to now?   I discovered this new song by Hollie Cook "Angel Fire" and it brings tears to my eyes.  Enjoy!!!

Nice song... I loved steppenwolf back in the day! 

On 8/21/2017 at 9:20 AM, MonDie said:

the hippest cat in creation, the intro to The Emperor's New Groove

That is what I wanted to post, but plenty of others were buzzing around in my head: Beat Circus' "Contortionist Tango", "Exit Music, etc.; Tape Fives's "Pantaloons", "Soulsalicious"; miscellaneous Radiohead...; the video to Nine Inch Nails's "Came Back Haunted".

Should I beg to be questioned about this, or did nobody notice or care?  For the record, I did not throw in the ellipsis just to make things harder on all of you.  I listened to a lot of different music artists after I posted this.

To anyone other than an anarchist, our freedoms are in competition.

The Magnetic Fields, whom I referenced in April, was truly a favorite when I was in highschool, and "Grizzly Bear is awesome."  dEUS is less than preferred, but I have selected well.

Soulwax - NY Excuse

dEUS - Keep You Close

Anyway, I am still waiting.

I recently found this old tune from 1955, and damn! now I can't stop humming and singing it...

Rusty Draper - The Shifting, Whispering Sands

I know we have heard it all before, but really, they don't make-em like this anymore!

On 24.10.2017 at 2:55 AM, Moontanman said:

Hey Moontanman, buddy...there's only white people in the video, you should know better than posting inappropriate stuff like that.
On the non sarcasm side - I love the video, that's how I wanna feel all the time.

Edited by koti