very different lives

alan2here

I was watching a program on the BBC yesterday where a coupple were looking at various houses to buy. They wanted to spend about £500,000 and get somthing with a few acres of grounds to live there high quality life in a village.

I on the other hand have a nice flat, with a bed, desk, lamp, bathroom, comfy chair but no sofa. All clean, tidy, nicely furnished, tuned to perfection and well cared for. Of all the things I have those that are only my own are stored there. This place has just one room and this is on purpose.

Sometimes I go into one of my many kitchins in the city center to eat, or walk in my extensive gardens full of parks and other recreational green areas maintained by others far more efficently than I could, whats more there work is admired by many, every little bit making the largest possible difference. Thease parts of my house are connected with a facinating network of corridors which sometimes rework themselves, there are even parts of my house I've never been in I so wallow in excess. In my kitchin I often come spontaneously upon my friends where we talk and enjoy ourselves, sometimes spontaneously or getting involved in each others socities. My study is nickamed "De Montfort University", it is huge and full of expensive computers, efficiently stored and maintained in this one room, sometimes I see my friends there too, I don't wory that they are inside my house, my house is designed so thats not a problem.

I think about the coupple on TV living in isolation and expensive scarcity and wonder why.

Edited by alan2here

I think about the couple on TV living in isolation and expensive scarcity and wonder why.

The serious answer is of course: because of a combination of our genes and the way we grow up. Because of who we are. Because we're all different. And it's good that way.

But I prefer to approach it from the other side: If we would all desire exactly the same, it would be awfully crowded in your apartment. Imagine 7 billion people, all wanting to live in exactly the same place. :P

Some people choose a life of traveling, and they will not understand why you stay in 1 place, and only take a few weeks of holidays. Some people choose to have kids, and cannot understand people that don't want them. Some people say that a park is not the same as the real nature, and cannot understand city people. And city people cannot understand how someone can stand the loneliness and inconveniences of living in the middle of nowhere. Some people like rock, and cannot understand what people like in opera music. etc, etc, etc.