verification of chromium sample

rogerxd45

so i have a rather large chunk of chromium, well atleast thats what the seller claims it to be. i have no reason to doubt that it is chromium but i want to be positive or as positive as possible without getting it tested by expensive machines.

i weighed it and it on a digital scale that is accurate to 0.1g and it weighed in at 130.8grams based on my measurements with my digital caliper it has a volume of 18.153396 and should weight 130.55291724 (and yes i know the all the extra decimal places are pointless, but im just putting down the exact numbers i got) the rectangle isnt perfect and my tools are not very expensive; so i believe that the density is consistent with the density of pure chromium.

some stainless steels are about the same density and if this item isnt pure chromium i think it would be a type of stainless steel.

it does not stick to a very powerful rare earth magnet, but neither do some stainless steels so that doesnt help much

are there any other tests i can do to help verify the sample?

i actually did a test with HCL with a known sample of .9995 pure Chromium and my large rectangular piece and they both reacted the same. i only let them sit in the HCL for a short period so i was able to easily remove the (for a lack of a better word) "tarnish"

so now im as 99% sure its pure chromium

i will try the conductivity idea though just for fun