MIDI composer for Mac OSX?

TransformerRobot

Protools and Reason are often considered the industry standard. For this reason my teacher for Audio Production, who did work on the Speed Racer movie, chose to use these packages. I felt, as someone who enjoys music and has interest in such things, that the workflow was intuitive and that I could accomplish all that was necessary. I completed a number of projects with these tools and including, the complete re-composition of five minutes of The Fifth Element movie, as well as a narration with sound effects over an animation of Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky. There were a number of other projects I completed as well but these were the more time consuming and technical of the bunch.

My Audio Technician for my effects and score also did all of the work using Protools. He used the same software as me, only using much higher quality computers and equipment. He was in an audio program, and I was in game design. The quality of the end product, my game, benefited much from its audio components.

I use Propellerhead reason a lot also. The patches are pretty good too. As someone who started in analogue studios, all the interfaces are easy and intuitive. there's also propellerhead Re-cord for recording audio. not particularly sophisticated but great for putting down ideas.

there are also loads of free open-source midi software packages to down load, I've used them on Linux, there's likely some distros for mac as well.

The studio co-run uses Cakewalk's Sonar. into which we plug-in DXI synths etc for midi track; not cheap though.

Oh wait feature list:

- it's free

Guess my feature list was a little late, or right on time :/

Do you mean Avid Protocals is free? Unless you mean Audacity, I already have it.

EDIT:

Okay, I just figured out that Audacity exports MIDIs if the project contains MIDI data, but it won't let me edit MIDIs.

Edited by TransformerRobot