Kim Jong-Il is dead

CaptainPanic

North Korean state television has announced that their leader, Kim Jong-Il has died last Saturday.

The big questions are of course: who will be the successor, and will that be someone who will cooperate better or worse with the other regional powers and global powers? It seems that South Korea and Japan are taking no risks, and regard the situation with caution. It seems people are worried that the someone might decide that the attention must be diverted away (scroll down to bottom of article) from the internal lack of stabilty... and what better way to divert the attention away from anything than a war?

North Korean state television has announced that their leader, Kim Jong-Il has died last Saturday.

The big questions are of course: who will be the successor, and will that be someone who will cooperate better or worse with the other regional powers and global powers? It seems that South Korea and Japan are taking no risks, and regard the situation with caution. It seems people are worried that the someone might decide that the attention must be diverted away (scroll down to bottom of article) from the internal lack of stabilty... and what better way to divert the attention away from anything than a war?

He was mental....

http://listverse.com...ut-kim-jong-il/

The song is brilliant!

In a way, I'm going to miss that crazy guy...

Edited by Tres Juicy

He was mental....

http://listverse.com...ut-kim-jong-il/

The song is brilliant!

so ronery is the only fitting musical tribute

In a way, I'm going to miss that crazy guy...

I'm not. I hope the North Korean people can get a leader who cares a little more about providing food, civil rights, and education for the populace.

I love the fact that he tried to elevate himself to a kind of god-like status - he was like a Bond villain, you just don't get that kind of crazy everyday - Have you listened to the lyrics of the song? The guy cut the entire nation off from the rest of the world and fed them tall tales of how amazing he was, that takes a special kind of crazy

I'm not. I hope the North Korean people can get a leader who cares a little more about providing food, civil rights, and education for the populace.

True, but they'll never again have a leader who invents the hamburger or plays golf better than Tiger Woods...

As most of you probably already know, North Korean's dictator, Kim Jong-il, died Saturday. "North Korea's news agency reported that he had died at 8:30 a.m. Saturday after having a heart attack on a train".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-16239693

http://www.cbsnews.c...tor-dies-at-69/

His death was announced Monday by state television two days after he died. North Korea's news agency reported that he had died at 8:30 a.m. Saturday after having a heart attack on a train, adding that he had been treated for cardiac and cerebrovascular diseases for a long time. He was 69.

Will his son, Kim Jong Un, follow in his father's footsteps? It seems as though he will:

http://www.msnbc.msn...s-asia_pacific/

Thought to be aged around 27, Kim Jong Un had already been made a four-star general and occupied a prominent political post when he was reported to have made an important diplomatic visit to neighboring China in May this year.

Experts say the young Kim is likely to follow the same militaristic path as his father, maintaining a strong grip over one of the world's largest armies and pressing on with a nuclear weapons program in the face of international outrage.

Edited by Daedalus

I heard about it on BBC news today. Whilst they were talking about it, the words 'nuclear weapons' and 'Regime change' were uttered.

As of a few days ago; According to the western media, North Korea - although claiming to have a functioning nuclear capability - does not actually posses such weapons. Then when they mentioned regime change, I just had to laugh.

I'm just gonn a sit back a watch the 'Western liars and criminals VS Eastern despots and nut-jobs propaganda wars'. Best reality TV show there is!

Unfortunately that is VERY unlikely, the North Korean people can at best look forward to more of the same.Third generation dictatorships, history shows, generally degenerate. 1st generation wins the power, 2nd generation loots it, 3rd generation looses it. All we can really hope is that he looses it quickly.

And yes the song is awesome, I allways look to south park for my social commentry.

This morning, I read that Newt Grigrich is already warming up for some ultimate scaremongering: North Korea can nuke the electricity grid in the entire USA. You can bet that the political situation in North Korea will be completely milked by him. And it doesn't matter that experts say that the US has plenty of interceptor missiles to shoot down any North Korean rockets, or that there are no indications that the North Koreans even have rockets that can deliver any warhead to the US.

And unfortunately, there are plenty of politicians in Europe too, who don't mind milking this North Korean cow for a while.

Newt Grigrich is already warming up for some ultimate scaremongering[/url]: North Korea can nuke the electricity grid in the entire USA. You can bet that the political situation in North Korea will be completely milked by him.

<...>

And unfortunately, there are plenty of politicians in Europe too, who don't mind milking this North Korean cow for a while.

At some point, hopefully the masses around us will finally become lactose intolerant.

I'm glad he's gone. He's no longer around to constantly threaten the rest of the world. Scumbags like Kim Jong-Il are as obnoxious and slimy as they come, holding the entire world at gunpoint. The whole country is one gigantic prison. Why anybody would support a fascist like Kim, I have no idea.

He was a terrorist, and before you respond, think about this: A terrorist is defined as anyone who threatens to and/or use violence for political goals. That goes for Bin Laden and Hitler as well.

Sure, we could always try peaceful methods of getting rid of the threats from North Korea, such as negotiations and making deals, but I don't think such things would work with the most hated country in the world.

Edited by TransformerRobot

He's no longer around to constantly threaten the rest of the world. Scumbags like Kim Jong-Il are as obnoxious and slimy as they come, holding the entire world at gunpoint. The whole country is one gigantic prison. Why anybody would support a fascist like Kim, I have no idea.

He was a terrorist, and before you respond, think about this: A terrorist is defined as anyone who threatens to and/or use violence for political goals. That goes for Bin Laden and Hitler as well.

Sure, we could always try peaceful methods of getting rid of the threats from North Korea, such as negotiations and making deals, but I don't think such things would work with the most hated country in the world.

Well, at least you were able to successfully convey your point without any use of hyperbole.

Thanks, even though I sort of exaggerated. If it's wrong to mock an infamous dictator after their death, I am guilty your honor, and considering on how the media treats North Koreans I bet a lot of people will be guilty of it as well. Remember Team America: World Police? If so, then you understand where I am coming from.