Dreams As Prediction Events?

jimmydasaint

At the end of October 2011, I had a very vivid dream. I was driving along a motorway in my car when, all of a sudden, there was thick black smoke all across the motorway. I had to make a quick decision what to do and I decided to speed up to get clear of the smoke. I could not see anything at all in front of me. Suddenly, I saw a car in front of me and I could not stop in time. As the collision occurred I woke up. About a week and a half later this happened:

Jaysen Sharp, who witnessed the incident from a nearby rugby club, said: “It was a horrific accident. There were a number of explosions and black smoke. It’s not something you expect to see on the motorway, it was more like a scene from Afghanistan.”

The accident occurred at 8.25pm on Friday after a bank of fog or smoke 200 yards thick enveloped a section of the M5 between junctions 24 and 25, close to Taunton.

The pile-up appeared to have begun when an Iceland lorry entered a fog which one motorist said was “like emulsion

M5 Motorway Crash

Which field of science could answer the reasons behind this occurence? Is it simple coincidence? Because if it is, then my wife and one of my children dreamed about the death of my mother (when she was in good health) about 6 months before she passed on. Was this also a coincidence?

I don't honestly know the answer to this. But is it possible that we are capable of tapping into a collective consciousness at some point?

Automobile accidents happen all the time, the chance of one being similar to your nightmare is high. I think it's important to not pay attention too much to dreams, no matter how prophetic they may seem. When I've dreamt of an event that mirrors something in the news, as exciting as it is, it's only given me feelings of grandeur and probably not the truth. Given how often we dream, it's not surprising that a couple will correlate with reality in our lifetime. If it happens very frequently though, there might be something there... who knows!

Edited by Appolinaria