Lack of sleep: Consequences?

Are there any relationships between voltage, current, properties of the electrolyte, and such that I should be aware of for accuracy's sake?

well there is an old saying "one hour before midnight is worth two hours after midnight" referrring to sleep..... however, i think that was just some old rubbish with no proof (or none which ive seen).

i dunno, dont have any proof either way.

• 1 month later...

I would also like to note *as if it werent mentioned already* that sleep is a function of the body to repair damaged tissues, and prepare for the next wake period.

Effectively staying awake multiple days increases the probability of sickness, and muscle deterioration because you are denying the body and mind the necessary time to heal and take a break from the rigors of the waking hours.

I have experienced this myself in 24 hour gaming marathons in my home town in Basking Ridge, NJ. At a computer club we would play several games, some involving strategy, some just requiring very quick reflexes. during the night we consumed high levels of caffeine, and Guarana, mostly in the form of BAWLS. We did not like purely highly caffeinated drinks because of the jitters, and for the strain it put on our systems, making us tremor, and slowly go insane...you think i'm joking..we actually became psychotic at times, and had difficulty seperating what was part of the game and what wasnt. Examples would include trying to remain silent in walking over to the community fridge to get a drink, immediately restraining people you saw in the halls and bringing them to the floor....that kind of thing....

Well that was more of a rant than anything, just understand that sleep is a function of repair for the body, and denying the body the time to repair, you increase the chances of your body breaking down to stress or other factors condusive to stress.