H2o2 + table salt solution

Mrl4

I just saw in my chemistry book this equation:

H2O2 +2I+ 2H+---> 2H2O + I2

My question is: If I put table salt (NaCl + KI) in water with some lemon juice/vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, could I get an iodine solution? (of course still containing some of the vingar/juice and Na+, Cl- and K+)

Or would I get something else? Or even nothing at all?

I would have tried it myself but the hydrogen peroxide I have is old so it's basically water now.

Thanks!!

Do you think soda would do the trick?

PS: I know this question is out of context but can I ask you this: What did you major in? because I am really interested in chemistry but I don't want to go into chemistry alone (I'm thinking about PharmD now and I'm still not sure). And it says that you are a chemistry expert, and you always anwser the questions I post here. Thank you :)

Soda really wouldn't do the trick. It reacts with iodine (not very well but...)

I studied chemistry and I worked for a long time as a chemist. I'm currently not doing so much chemistry in my job because the demand has fallen a bit so I'm doing other stuff related to safety and also some computing stuff.

If that looks a bit evasive that's because it is. I'm not sure my employer would agree with some of the things I post here. (The name is wrong too- Cuthbert is a cartoon character but there wasn't enough space for all the letters)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bash_Street_Kids