Night vs. morning

Which one are you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which one are you?

• Night person. I like to stay up late and sleep in.
    • Morning person. I prefer to start my day early.
    • Other?

I dont know if this is in the right place, but it seemed about right.

why are some people nighttime people and others are morning people? i have a friend who goes to bed at 9pm and gets up at 5 am so he can run before school. if it were up to me i would rather take that run at 11 pm just so that i didnt have to get up that early in the morning. what causes that? why do some people prefer to get up late and stay up late while others like to get up early?

also, do we know which is more common?

I`m a Morning person, there`s nowt better than getting out of bed, getting dressed and drinking a fresh ground coffee outside :)

I suspect though it`s alot to do with Circadian timing internal, just like some folks sufer with SAD (Seasonal Effective Disorder). Conditioning (what you`re used to) I recon will also play a significant part :)

personally, i can see myself switching depending on what i want my habits to be. lots of most kids my age seem to be able to switch also. so, i think it mostly depends on conditioning, which, i guess, is imprinted into your subconscious at a certain time along your circadian rhythm.

i can get up really early, and be fine. But i don't like seeing the sun come up. I like seeing it go down. I love nighttime!!! As long as i don't lie down i don't fall asleep. Over summer i stayed up all night and went to bed at 5am. muahahahha

I am definitely a morning person. I love to get up and walk 3 or 4 miles before work. I am delighted now that we are off daylight savings time because I can be on the road around 6 am. I have a black lab named Sadie. She and I walk 2 miles to my boat, where I fix a hot cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal, and enjoy the morning with the sea birds squawking and the bay waking up around us - then we walk back home, I shower, get dressed, and am at my desk by 8am.

I am definitely a morning person. I love to get up and walk 3 or 4 miles before work. I am delighted now that we are off daylight savings time because I can be on the road around 6 am. I have a black lab named Sadie. She and I walk 2 miles to my boat, where I fix a hot cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal, and enjoy the morning with the sea birds squawking and the bay waking up around us - then we walk back home, I shower, get dressed, and am at my desk by 8am.

i think your nuts...

but is there a way i can start a poll at the top of this?

I'm more of a late night/early morning person but no matter how late I go to bed I still cant sleep later than 11am for whatever reason. Over the summer I went to sleep between 3 and 5am and woke up around 10-11am even if I didn't have anything to do the next day. Since school started up again I've still been staying up late but now I have to get up at insanely early hours which isn't too much fun.

I can do anything sleepwise, but it catches up....... I tended to slip into night-time habits when I was student, and miss my lectures, but when its important I'll get up any time, 4hrs sleep will do. On the weekeds I sometimes do 36 hours awake and 12 asleep.

I don't have any preference, I just do what suits best, sleep when I am tired and get up when I feel refreshed.... or when I have to.

well, I like to be an early morning person- I like to get the most out of my day, but I can never get out of bed, and get up in the morning. I love the "snooze" button! :)

practice, if you get up early and at the same time everyday, in about a week, you`ll do it naturaly without an alarm clock. it`s just hard to do at 1`st.

esp hard in the winter if your bedroom`s cold Brrrr...

I suspect though it`s alot to do with Circadian timing internal, just like some folks sufer with SAD (Seasonal Effective Disorder). Conditioning (what you`re used to) I recon will also play a significant part :)

yeah... i dont know if i buy the whole conditioning idea. freshman year in highschool i had classes starting at 7 and it took me about 45 minutes to get to school. i had to get up at like 5:30 and i never got used to it. i hated it every day.

5:30`s an ungodly hour for anyone to have to wake up at! LOL :)

I`ve a book here called "Cycles of Heaven" it`s all about body clocks, internal frequencies EM radiation effects upon us even moon cycles relating to female ovulation. it`s really quite fascinating, if you`re interested, I`ll give you all the details and maybe you can get a copy and have a read, I`m certain it`ll tell you alot more than I can.

yeah... i dont know if i buy the whole conditioning idea. freshman year in highschool i had classes starting at 7 and it took me about 45 minutes to get to school. i had to get up at like 5:30 and i never got used to it. i hated it every day.

coditioning isn't just repeating an action, it's having the intent to repeat the action and doing so. you didn't have the intent, so you never conditioned yourself.

"Over summer i stayed up all night and went to bed at 5am."

Sounds exactly like me. :) It's quite strange here in the summer time, because of the midnight sun and all that. Sundown @ about 2:00 and sunrise @ about 4:00 AM. :P

"esp hard in the winter if your bedroom`s cold Brrrr..."

For some reason, I prefer to sleep in a cold room. :P Sometimes last winter when it was -25 C outside I kept my window, or the side-ventilation window-thingie, open for the night.