Please respect my religion

Moontanman

I'm a God fearing person, that's what I believe in and that's how I intend to live the rest of my life. All I see in that original article is a work of Satan with his golden cup feeding humanity with the hope of freeing them from bondage, evil and sins but what is really hidden beneath is just filth. I really don't like to be part of that religion, its my personal opinion. True religions and the words of gods do exist and it is in these times when humanity worship a false deity, fail to abide in the truth and show pride makes him angry on us.

This is not anything different from how people got into vile affections and started worshipping a false deity before Moses brought the Ten Commandments from the high mountains.

Edited by immortal

I'm a God fearing person, that's what I believe in and that's how I intend to live the rest of my life. All I see in that original article is a work of Satan with his golden cup feeding humanity with the hope of freeing them from bondage, evil and sins but what is really hidden beneath is just filth. I really don't like to be part of that religion, its my personal opinion. True religions and the words of gods do exist and it is in these times when humanity worship a false deity, fail to abide in the truth and show pride makes him angry on us.

This is not anything different from how people got into vile affections and started worshipping a false deity before Moses brought the Ten Commandments from the high mountains.

Are you serious? If not you got me....

I found it to be not unusual at all. It is a fairly common 'bash religion' article serving no real purpose other than giving the author a way to sensationalize the evils of religion without talking about any of the good.

While I acknowledge that religion does good the percentage of money that religion gives to the poor in some way or another is small compared to the amount of money that goes into mega churches, lavish life styles of the clergy not to mention the money that goes into promoting the church it's self, have to keep filling those pews and talking non believers into thinking they are going to burn in hell... now I'm baiting you a little on this, religion helps people deal with life, there is no doubt that a great many people require belief in their lives but to me religions second biggest sin is how it sections off people, divides the population between us and them, them being anyone who believes a little different than you do, the disconnect gets bigger as the beliefs diverge in the past often degenerating into violence well before the divergence went to belief in another god.

Now on the other hand there is what are called fundamentalist religions, often synonymous with Evangelicals but many others are involved. They are also parts of various religions known as Creationists, Creationists are always fundamentalists but fundamentalists are sometimes not Creationists. It should be noted that there are more non Christian Creationists than Christian Creationists. Fundamentalism, especially the Creationist kind, is religions biggest sin, they don't just insist there view on religion is Absolute Truth they want it taught in schools as well so everyone's children are indoctrinated into their religion. Of course in their eyes I am a satanic evolutionist to begin with and everything I say is lies lies lies.....

If all religions promoted the ideals this short article asked for religion would be a much greater thing than it is now....

While I acknowledge that religion does good the percentage of money that religion gives to the poor in some way or another is small compared to the amount of money that goes into mega churches, lavish life styles of the clergy not to mention the money that goes into promoting the church it's self....

In my experience you can go to the poorest ghetto in most large american cities and the fanciest building in the neighborhood will be the church and that church will be passing the plate around among the poor to solicit more. You'd think they could settle for a more practical building in those areas and spend some of that fancy building money on the poor instead of asking them for money.

Are you serious? If not you got me....

It is a plausible view, a tone which you'll often hear from Christian conferences and preachers. I'm not a fundamentalist or a radicalist, if one say so much about religion why not say this too.

If all religions promoted the ideals this short article asked for religion would be a much greater thing than it is now....

The problem is it is being promoted as a anti-religious thing not just a thought on the bad consequences of religions and their followers.

"My religion says there are no divinely revealed facts straight from the mouth of God that represent the "one true faith.""

"My religion has no giant, anthropomorphized, male God in the sky, somewhere "out there" separate and apart from humanity who dictates our every waking moment"

This outright over throws the basic tenets of religion, what is left in religion now.

The problem is it is being promoted as a anti-religious thing not just a thought on the bad consequences of religions and their followers.

I didn't take it that way at all. It is possible you're not taking it the way it was intended?

doG,

I would have acknowledged and applauded that it is a great article if it had only addressed the evil consequences of religion, where it loses me is when they go on to make claims like "man created God", ofcourse it fits with evolutionary psychology but it contradicts my views on religion and I quoted a few statements from that article where it contradicts my views, You're free to take it in which ever way you want to. It is logically consistent with their definition of religion but I have my own views and saying that you are allowed to think freely and believe in what ever you want is again a contradiction to my views. Right conduct is something which is given by the gods and not by making our own decisions.