a curious vision problem

hello to all. i have a curious eye problem which im hoping someone might help or advise me with. on certain backgrounds ie; a bright sunny day,foggy day,or even while im looking at my computer screen typing this,i can see what i can best describe as parasites swimming in my vision. they,re not floaters because they actually move or swim about and theres a glint off them as they move. i cant see them all the time and they dont effect my day to day routines. when i go to sleep at night though they appear when i shut my eyes for a few moments and thats it basically. if anyone has an idea to what they are or if it might lead to something more serious,i would be very grateful for all your help. thank you again and merry xmas to all..

hello to all. i have a curious eye problem which im hoping someone might help or advise me with. on certain backgrounds ie; a bright sunny day,foggy day,or even while im looking at my computer screen typing this,i can see what i can best describe as parasites swimming in my vision. they,re not floaters because they actually move or swim about and theres a glint off them as they move. i cant see them all the time and they dont effect my day to day routines. when i go to sleep at night though they appear when i shut my eyes for a few moments and thats it basically. if anyone has an idea to what they are or if it might lead to something more serious,i would be very grateful for all your help. thank you again and merry xmas to all..

It sounds similar to "seeing stars". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene lists some possible causes. Any time I've seen stars they were noticeably bright, and I think probably white. I'm not sure if that's what you're describing.