Is there always "something more" i.e. god?

qijino1236

I have thought of this extensively and I always wonder if it could be ever possible for the universe to not have consciousness, subconsciousness, or something lower in the past or the future...a kind of like a really low level god idea. My reason(not logic) is that pure nothing seems impossible.

And everything seems possible ....kind of like a sort of many worlds idea....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation...like everything that has been thought up...including "supernatural" things is possible.

Actually my "something more" thought is probably the most convincing idea I have thought up to make myself believe that there is perhaps a god(but perhaps not).

Do you understand what my "something more" thought is?

With the Bang Bang Theory that "something more" is something outside(maybe a consciousness, maybe physical space I don't know) the extremely small but massive point that was the start of the big bang.

In today's universe it is something outside the edge of the universe.

In an ancient world before mythology and religion... it was anything outside of what could be seen because there was not really any science(by how we use science today). .....

When I was an atheist I used to think that the first person that came up with god was probably an ancient psychopath that wanted to suppress other people's thoughts seeing as a lot of religions have done that in the past.

But as I thought about it more I started to think that concept of god probably was just a concept that thinkers thought of when they were trying imagine what was beyond the world that they could see. It was imagination...that imagination probably brought about mythologies and religions (and physical dogmatic depiction of god...see "Michelangelo's Creation of Adam" ).

But now that we have science and logic that imagination can go further with concepts such as "consciousness" being investigated scientifically by neuroscientists. In fact it is probably never-ending and that is why I have hope that when I die or at some point in my consciousnesses existence I may be able to see that never-ending in a more direct way.

I always approach the world before me with authenticity and openness and integrity…..As I stated in my first post I always INTENTIONALLY separate science and logic(observable science) from faith or hope or belief or reason(philosophy) or pseudo-science (non-observable "truths" AKA potential truths), but I like to still keep that faith or hope or belief or reason or pseudo-science or fantasy in my mind.

It is in effect not suppressing even a single thought whether it be logical or reasonable or maybe even more "out there"(abstract) …which I think is a more open way to live than any as long as your thoughts are decently reasonable. It is science + logic + belief + ideas + reason + spiritual ideas + certain religious ideas + pseudo-science + "something more" …I'll call it panthoughtism.

Also…the thing is philosophy and thought can create hypotheses… how do you think the first hypotheses were created?

See this quote… "Philosophy gave birth to science. If you think philosophically, you'll undoubtedly find a hypothesis. After you find a hypothesis, all you have to do is apply it to a scientific method and research it to come to a conclusion. It's just the lack of methodology in philosophy that makes it inferior to science. Philosophy is just thinking outside of the box, science is thinking outside of the box and carrying out experiments to validate said thought. "

So thinking outside the box like I am trying to do could potentially become a theory or even science.

Once again… But now that we have science and logic that imagination can go further with concepts such as consciousness being investigated scientifically by neuroscientists. In fact it is probably never-ending and that is why I have hope that when I die or at some point in my consciousness'es existence I may be able to see that never-ending "something more" in a more direct way.

As a side note about the suppression or destruction of thought...I always wonder what world would be like today if the great Library of Alexandria had not been burned down.....Plutarch (AD 46–120) wrote that during his visit to Alexandria in 48 BC Julius Caesar "accidentally" burned the library down when he set fire to his own ships to frustrate Achillas' attempt to limit his ability to communicate by sea.[2] After its destruction, scholars used a "daughter library" in a temple known as the Serapeum, located in another part of the city.

All those philosophical and scientific ideas burned away. The burning of that library was probably about the equivalent of burning down the whole internet today. I wonder if Brutus had a couple of books he wanted to read from Alexandria? The dark ages were soon to come.

So, let me ask. If there is "something more" beyond the universe and outside of time, exactly where and when is it that this entity actually exists? When I read this thought of yours, it comes across to me as senseless. You are not making anything simpler or easier to understand. You're merely introducing a quantity into the equation that has no basis, no observation, and no agreement beyond your own imagination. This is not helpful. In fact, it's the opposite.

Again, though... Let's say this amorphous thing actually exists, and exists "beyond the universe" or "outside of time." What does that even mean? You see, if (by definition) it's either of those two things, then it's neither relevant, provable, nor can it possibly have an impact whatsoever on the events and lives of those that exist "within the universe" or "in time."