Baby Dragon? And baby Alien?

DirteeRice

First off, I am a 14 year old and by no means on the level of thinking that some of the older members here are at. But I have found these two articles very interesting, specificaly the "baby" alien article because of it's genuinity and the amount of clear pictures supplied with the article.

The baby dragon one causes me to be a little more skeptical however but the umbilical cord raises some questions and I also wanted to know if any one could find a x-ray of this dragon.

Also another observation about the "baby dragon" is that in the jar the bluring of it's appendages that are farther away from the view of the camera are blured due to the liquid, while the most prominant feature; the head, is fairly clear. I could not pull this off with photoshop/maya no matter how hard I tried and I believe that it is either real or a damn good sculpture.

http://www.metatech.org/bdd.html < Baby Dragon.

draconian%20baby.jpg

http://ufocasebook.com/caponi.html < Baby Alien.

caponi05.jpg

the first one doesn't look photoshopped to me nor the second one

I think its just some movie magic, have you ever seen movies where aliens appear in jars, in jurassic park 3 they had a number of baby raptors in jars just like the dragon

the problem with the dragon site is the supposed editor trying to save an image of the dragon, this would seem to me like there is some sort of virus or something in it that he wants to spread (granted I know nothing about the workings of viruses)

the alien looks more like a highschool level hoax, I know of kids at my school who could probably d something like that, it doesn't look that realistic to me

looks to me like an alien head (probably purchased online or at a magic shop) on top of a styrofome-papermache body, in the case of styrofoam you would splash a mild acid on the foam to give it that look, then top it off with some fake blood, red and brown mixed paint

These days, anything can be faked.

Without full analysis, which costs money, it's not hard at all to get people to believe a hoax.

I read both the articles and they're very interesting. I just wish someone would be willing to put a little time/effort/money into these things so that instead of always ending up with "x-files" we actually found things out.

DirteeRice, anytime I look at cases like this I am reminded of the astronomer Carl Sagan's statement 'extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence'. (There is a very interesting and relevant interview with Sagan on the subject of UFO's and extraterrestrial intelligence here http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/aliens/carlsagan.html)

Your two cases are fascinating stories, but just unconvincing. SubJunk laments the fact that these cases are rarely investigated thoroughly, so that they always remain a mystery. I think whenever cases like this are investigated the mystery melts away and the explanation is hoax or misinterpretation, so that it becomes pointless to investigate new ones.