Theoretical new type of galaxy

pantheory

What's going on with these mysterious, ultra-red galaxies

http://io9.com/58649...ra+red-galaxies

From their appearance astronomers cannot explain such old appearing very red galaxies accordingly within the first ~700 million years of the universe, according to the Big Bang model. Discuss your mainstream ideas/ possibilities on this thread.

If you have a non-mainstream alternative explanation, discuss them here in the speculation forum.

//

These four old appearing adjacent galaxies 13 billion light years away could be interpreted as being evidence against the age of the universe being 13.7 billion years, which is presently the age of the universe according to the Big Bang model. Old galaxies should not exist near the begging of the universe according to the BB model. Are these some kind of new galaxies seen nowhere else in the universe as speculated by the astronomers making these observations or simply old red galaxies as they also speculated? What do you think? see link above.

Edited by pantheory

What do you think?

My professor told me "ce n'est pas penser qu'il faut faire, c'est réfléchir"

I don't know how to translate that.

--------------------------------------

Something like

"You don't have to think, you have to ponder"

Edited by michel123456

My professor told me "ce n'est pas penser qu'il faut faire, c'est réfléchir"

I don't know how to translate that.

--------------------------------------

Something like

"You don't have to think, you have to ponder"

I like sticking with reflect

"You don't need to think, you need to reflect"

• 2 weeks later...

This was a news report this past summer about a Quasar at about the same redshift/ distance as the OP galaxies.

http://www.sciencene...aises_questions

I expect that very large Old appearing galaxies and quasars at the farthest distances will continue to be puzzling to BB theorists. But expect that it will not forever be theoretically tolerated after the James Webb goes up, if such old appearing galaxies continue to be observed in the same portions as we see them in the local universe (maybe 5% of all large galaxies).

//

Edited by pantheory

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.