Muitiple Universes In The Same Space?

Beware: speculations

IMHO yes and no.

1) Yes because there are things that belong to space and that we cannot observe (the future is an obvious example, the present is a non-obvious example, the biggest part of the past is a contradicted issue).

2) No because those things belong to the same universe we are living right now. This "other universe" has the same physical laws than ours.

The "overlapping" is what we are observing.

Edited by michel123456

No i don't think so. As I said above

This "other universe" has the same physical laws than ours.

What it may be is that our physical laws correspond to only a part of all the Universe. But for the moment it looks like the contrary: our physics are wider than what we can see. There are theories for things that we cannot observe and there is a huge struggle nowadays to experiment those theories.

Excatly. That's why I said, physics as we know it might be thrown out the window if there's two universe's.

Exactly not.

"Our conversation is made up of concrete" poor translation of sizitisi tsimento (συζήτηση τσιμέντο pronounced seezeeteesee tseemendo)

Please explain your point.

Edited by michel123456

My point is, all our physics are based on one universe.

Yes.

If there's two, then all logic, physics, etc. could go out the window. I said could. Not would.

Why? You seem to argue that this hypothetical second universe would share nothing with ours. But if a 2nd hypothetical universe existed, that would mean we live in an Ultra-Super-Universe made of 2 parts: one part we know about and one part we know nothing about. That ressembles slightly to the Multiverse theory. Even in this case, I don't understand why we should throw physics out of the window. If we did, we should loose our knowledge of the part we think we know.

Because logically, there should not be two universes. And according to law of science, there should not be two universes. But.... with the "space" outside space, it's possible. So if there is more then one, shouldn't what we know basically mean nothing or be changed?

Just a thought. Could two universe's exsist in the same space? You know, over lap each other? And not even know it?

Short answer, this is how the multiple universe theory works.

They overlap each other in the act of superpositioning and fly apart when a measurement is made. Then overlap all over again.

no

Of course they can rocket. This is how a single particle is shared among universes in the multiverse theory. Everything exists as a superposition until something comes along and disturbs that wave function. Then universes fly apart, create universes equal to as many possibilities which is permissible.

Because logically, there should not be two universes. And according to law of science, there should not be two universes. But.... with the "space" outside space, it's possible. So if there is more then one, shouldn't what we know basically mean nothing or be changed?

Yes. Two universes cannot work. It turns out as an Oxymoron.

Edited by Mystery111

Just a thought. Could two universe's exsist in the same space? You know, over lap each other? And not even know it?

Isn't this what the bubble multiverse hypothesis is all about?

Our universe expands for ever at an ever increasing rate perhaps, but that the negative vaccuum energy of 'empty' space, or something to that effect, causes a new big bang/expansion some where in our space time vastly distant from us to create a new expanding universe that is inaccessible to us due to the 'untransitable' distance to it or due to the expansion of that universe or perhaps some other factors.

Is this roughly what the hypothesis is about?

Edited by Greg Boyles

The video that I saw, and pretended to understand lol, seemed to suggest that: Space and time are relative to the reality in which they are mathmatically percieved.

It appears to me that time and space are a bit of an argumentative precept here in our own universe. So it makes sence to me that infinite bandwiths of relativity probably should exist. And that our perceptions of reality are probably just a modulation within that spectrum. But I really havn't given it much thought.

Edited by 36grit

• 2 months later...

The video that I saw, and pretended to understand lol, seemed to suggest that: Space and time are relative to the reality in which they are mathmatically percieved.

It appears to me that time and space are a bit of an argumentative precept here in our own universe. So it makes sence to me that infinite bandwiths of relativity probably should exist. And that our perceptions of reality are probably just a modulation within that spectrum. But I really havn't given it much thought.

Is this video online, 36grit? If it is, would you mind providing a link? Thanks.

Could two universe's exsist in the same space?

if a 2nd hypothetical universe existed, that would mean we live in an Ultra-Super-Universe made of 2 parts: one part we know about and one part we know nothing about. That ressembles slightly to the Multiverse theory.

It doesnt exactly make sense to say the Universe exists in space - that would suggest that the universe is contained IN space, when its more like space is a part of the Universe. But I think the answer to your question is more fundamental than that; if the Universe is everything that exists and there are two Universes existing at the same time, then each one by itself is not the whole of the Universe. If we discovered one day that there was another Universe, we would simply have to change our definition of the Universe to include the new one (or new ones) regardless of what the physical laws looked like. This is why a Theory of Everything is a valued idea in physics.. it would explain everything as one even if there are multiple 'Universes' with unique properties.

Of course if the Universe is everything that exists, and the Universe exists, then the Universe itself is part of a larger class - the Universe and everything in it. Unfortunately this is a pretty technical mathematical field that I dont understand too well but you could look into Godel's incompleteness theorems.

Edited by Observer B

For the same reason that two gallons of water cannot overlap one another. It makes no sense.

He said in space, not in spacetime:

Could two universe's exsist in the same space? You know, over lap each other? And not even know it?

two gallons of water cannot exist in the same space at the same time, but they can exist at the same space at different times. So in spacetime, 2 gallons of water can overlap each other in space.

Of course, because we actually live in spacetime, we don't consider that as overlapping, that is what you say when you conclude that "It makes no sense"

Edited by michel123456