SPEECH RECOGNITION IN TAMIL

spriyanatrajan

Speech Recognition in general, in the past it was based on rule-based systems

Since late 90s, probabilistic methods has emerged using Hidden Markov Models to study order-regarding similarity between input and data, to infer a feasible expectation

A Hybrid system is the ultimate goal, but it's the most difficult to build

Speech Recognition in general, in the past it was based on rule-based systems

Since late 90s, probabilistic methods has emerged using Hidden Markov Models to study order-regarding similarity between input and data, to infer a feasible expectation

A Hybrid system is the ultimate goal, but it's the most difficult to build

I very recently came across a utility company's answerphone system took verbal responses rather than key presses from me and repeated my responses back to me which I thought was quite impressive and certainly less irritating than "Please press1 if..."! It's quite impressive when you consider these systems must have dialectic differences factored in to cope with the different kinds of people ...my voice is not BBC or Queen's English and it repeated back to me perfectly.

Edited by StringJunky

I very recently came across a utility company's answerphone system took verbal responses rather than key presses from me and repeated my responses back to me which I thought was quite impressive and certainly less irritating than "Please press1 if..."! It's quite impressive when you consider these systems must have dialectic differences factored in to cope with the different kinds of people ...my voice is not BBC or Queen's English and it repeated back to me perfectly.

wanna be amazed, try calling Apple Customer Service .. it will recognize if you say "I have a problem with my iPhone" or "where can I repair my iPhone",

Also, there is Siri on the new iPhone which understand your questions, such as "do I need to wear a coat for tomorrow ?", and else

the new iTv offers a new type of remote control with no buttons, you just have to say "put channel number 222", or "find me an american action movie", and so

wanna be amazed, try calling Apple Customer Service .. it will recognize if you say "I have a problem with my iPhone" or "where can I repair my iPhone",

Also, there is Siri on the new iPhone which understand your questions, such as "do I need to wear a coat for tomorrow ?", and else

the new iTv offers a new type of remote control with no buttons, you just have to say "put channel number 222", or "find me an american action movie", and so

Nice...would you say we are now into the beginning and practical application of AI?

Nice...would you say we are now into the beginning and practical application of AI?

Natural Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Synthesis, Model Theory, Logic, Artificial Intelligence

It's still early, but in the future there will be cyborgs, a cyborg is a robot that have conciseness