Cure For Cancer.. Vitamin BH17?

k10magic

Vitamin B17 was the topic of great controversy over 30 or so years ago when some of the worlds top scientists claimed that when consumed the components of the seed make it 100 % impossible to develop cancer and will kill existing cancer in the most cases. Who here heard about this?

As you may know Vitamin BH17 is found in most fruit seeds, manely Apricot seeds. The pharmacuticals companies together with the medical establishments pushed the FDA into making it ilegal to sell 'raw' apricot seeds or vitamin B17 with information about it's effects on cancer. Even to this day you cant get raw apricot seeds in your health food store only the sun dried ones which have all the important enzyme killed off

Is this information kept from the public? Do you think greedy Medical Asociations keep it from the public for purposes of self interest? Maybe to use it in the future for financial gain?

Thoughts?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is always an interesting subject IMO. A lot of people talk about how many diseases are "big business" and this is certainly true. However, my personal belief is that "big business" and politics doesn't affect disease treatments and research to the extent that some people think.

I say this because a large amount (I would say the "majority" but I don't have a source) of research takes place at college institutions. Your "average college professors studying cancer" are the driving force behind a cure to the disease. Were a professor to discover the cure to cancer, he/she would receive all sorts of fame and notoriety. Obviously the cure to cancer would be a career defining achievement. It is merely my opinion, but I find it hard to believe that a professor on the verge of such a discovery would be approached by agents in dark suits (matrix style) and be forced to stop his research. Simply put, there is an individual drive from these researchers to find a cure.

You have to look at it from two perspectives. First, pharmaceutical companies. They may stand to lose moeny if a "cure" is found. However, in our capitalistic economy, the prize to the winner would be enormous. Enough to encourage any company to do so. Second the government. THe government spends millions each year on providing grants to researchers to study cancer, and taking care of patients. This money comes from your taxes. The government is not "profiting" from this money. If a cure were found, the government would SAVE this money, and come out on top. (In the long run, no cancer for eternity could potentially SAVE more then any profit from drugs).

Thats just my general opinon. Now as far as Vitamin B17 is concerned (known as "laetrile"). I don't think anyone is suppressing it's research.

A clinical trial was done in the 80's

Moertel CG, Fleming TR, Rubin J, et al. A clinical trial of amygdalin (Laetrile) in the treatment of human cancer. N Engl J Med 1982; 306: 201–206.

Simply put in this trial of 179 patients treated with B17 (Laetrile), only 1 patient met the criteria for a "partial response". OF course, this trial occurred in patients who already had cancer, but you can imagine the problems with performing a trial looking at "prevention". How do we know if something is prevented if we don't know what causes it?.

Anywho, vitamin B17 is in the company of a long list of alternative cancer treatments. There is currently ample research going on the field (a medline search reveals 477 references) so research isn't "suppressed", I think it's simply a matter of B17 not being a "clearly" effective cancer treatment. A nice and recent review on many "alternative" cancer treatments can be found here:

CA Cancer J Clin. 2004 Mar-Apr;54(2):110-8.

medline link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15061600

First of all, I basically agree with everything that badchad said. There is no doubt in my mind that the pharmaceutical companies have sacrificed the good of the people in favor of monetary rewards on many occasions. However, there is little chance that pharmaceutical companies could cover up then prevent a cancer cure.

There is little chance that there is any natural cure for cancer as simple as taking a fruit seed. If it was this simple then man or at least another creature would have evolved the ability to produce this chemical long ago. Cancer is a multi-faceted problem that will require more work than finding a healthy seed to eliminate

Raw apricot seeds (Kernels" also contain a high percentage of Cyanates (cyanide toxins) have you considered that maybe THAT is why they won`t sell them, because you`ll end up with folk taking lethal doses (5 or more can kill you!), thinking "The more the better or faster"?

some even do it with regular Multi-Vits, thinking (wrongly) that the more I take the healthier I`ll get and faster.

just a guess here, but it would seem likely :)

Because the pharmaceutical multinationals are unable to patent or claim exclusive rights to the vitamin B17, as it is derived from a natural source (The Prunus Amygdalis Rosacea family), the multinational pharmaceuticals launched and have continued to launch attacks of unprecedented vicious propaganda against B17 despite the hard proof of its effectiveness in controlling all forms of cancer which is available in overwhelming abundance

The cancer industry is a $200 Billion a year industry. That's right not $200 million but $200 BILLION !!!

Now if you had a large interest in such a huge market wouldn't you try to protect your industry and market share? Of course you would. And that's exactly what has happened and is happening today. Unfortunately we find ourselves living in a time where lies and deceit have been and are being used by government national bodies and foundations which were designed to research cures and treatments for cancer, not to focus on protecting their significant financial interest.

Did you know the wealthiest non profit institution on this planet is the American Cancer Society ?

Did you know the worlds largest private cancer center Sloan-Kettering Memorial Hospital (SKMH) was established by Wall Streets top Banks and Corporations including a large interest from the Rockefellers. In today's society do the major corporations and banks place people before profit? Of course not!! Every day our newspapers tell us a story where our Banks and major corporations are putting profit before people.

Did you know that the major generous donators and financial contributors to the Sloan-Kettering Memorial Hospital include all the major chemical companies that actually supply the chemotherapy and drugs used to treat patients at the hospital !

Companies such as Bristol Myers spend over $1 billion dollars annually on cancer research to improve or introduce new chemo drugs. Bristol Myers supplies over half the worlds chemotherapy drugs. So they have a significant interest in the cancer industry. So significant is their interest that the board members that chair the largest cancer drug and chemical companies also chair or are board members of all the major cancer institutes. Funny that, one would think there is a conflict of interest here. They get around this simply by either not taking a salary or making it a voluntary position with the cancer centres. After all, the chemical companies pay them more than enough for being board members of the chemical companies themselves. For example Paul A Marks who is president and CEO of the Sloan-Kettering Memorial Hospital and is also Director of Pfizer which manufactures chemotherapy and cancer related drugs.

Also James Robinson is a board member of the Sloan-Kettering Memorial Hospital and also a Director of Bristol Myers one of the largest suppliers of cancer chemotherapy and other cancer drugs. You will find most of the executives that chair or are board members of all the top cancer organizations also chair or are affiliated with one or more of the major cancer drug multinationals. As mentioned, they get around this conflict of interest most of the time by not taking a salary from either the research center or the drug company. Either way its a huge conflict of interest in my view.

This is why the Sloan-Kettering Memorial Hospital(SKMH), National Cancer Institute(NCI), American Cancer Society(ACS), Food and Drug Administration(FDA) & the AMA are involved together to ensure they persecute and squeeze out any threats to their market. Even if it costs millions of lives and even if the therapy works, if its a threat they will stamp it out..

It is scary to know that the very government regulatory agencies themselves, such as the US Food & Drug Administration and Britain's Medicines Control Agency, which are supposed to protect the public from potentially dangerous products coming onto the market are horribly compromised because of ties with the chemical/drug industries that make cancer drugs. A USA TODAY analysis of financial conflicts at 159 FDA advisory committee meetings from 1st January - 30th June 2000 found that at 55% of their meetings, more than half of the FDA advisors had conflicts of interest!!!

These cancer organizations are run by business leaders, bankers and board members of the cancer drug companies that supply chemotherapy drugs to the market. Because many of today's known carcinogens are by-products of profitable industries of which these same board members have financial interests in, their aim is to prevent cancer preventions and prevent any natural or non chemical therapy from entering the market. Its a perfect Cartel between these giants of big business. John Reed a director of SKMH is also a director of tobacco giant Philip Morris.

For example... The way the current system is setup thanks to the FDA and AMA, did you know it now costs over $100 million to develop a new drug in America. They have literally setup a monopoly situation. Its a poker game and the ante is $100 million if you want to play.

In 1982 Dr Richard Crout of the FDA made his agency's position very clear:

"I never have and never will approve a new drug to an individual, but only to a large pharmaceutical firm with unlimited finances".

The problem here is the processing of Laetrile cannot be patented. Its a natural product. you can't make millions or huge profits like cancer drugs generate. As Edward G Griffin puts it "So no substance from nature will ever be legally available for cancer unless its source can be monopolized. No matter how safe and effective it may be, and no matter how many people may have benefited, it will forever be regulated to the category of unproven therapies making them illegal to prescribe, to promote and to use".

Laetrile and all other natural products used in treating cancer are a threat to their profits

Wow this is indeed very interesting, is the ban of laetrile (apricot seeds) just effective in the US? or throughout the world?

Also, " In the presence of certain enzymes, amygdalin breaks down into glucose, benzaldehyde, and hydrogen cyanide (which is poisonous). " (http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/laetrile.html)

Hydrogen Cyanide must be FORMED!! There is no free Hydrogen Cyanide in laetrile floating around freely in our body waiting to harm us when we eat apricot seeds or take laetrile. The enzyme Beta-Glucosidase, and only that enzyme is capable of manufacturing and forming the Hydrogen Cyanide from Laetrile. If there are no cancer cells in the body, there is no beta-glucosidase. If there is no beta-glucosidase, no hydrogen cyanide will be formed from laetrile. Even if there were some other way to manufacture cyanide from laetrile in the body, the amount would be so minute it would have little, if any toxic effect.

Laetrile does on the other hand contain the cyanide radical (CN-). So does Vitamin B12 , Cassava and strawberries and a host of other foods we consume. You never heard of anyone getting cyanide poison from vitamin B12 or from eating strawberries because it just does not happen. Lets also look at table salt which is made up of sodium Chloride (NaCl) and is very common in most households. Yet, did you know pure sodium (Na+) is one of the most toxic substances known to man? Yet in their form locked together they are not toxic. Any good toxicologist will tell you sugar is 20 times more toxic than laetrile and salt is also much more toxic.

Now, here is the irony of all of this. Milligram for milligram, the chemotherapeutic agents which are commonly used in the treatment of cancer today, are hundreds of times more toxic than laetrile.

nuff said.

oh and by the way.... many tests have been done where laetrilists have injected themselves with extremely large doses of laetrile to prove it is not toxic. In these cases the main side effect was generally found to be excessive sleep.

You have to compare the effectiveness of laetrile to the effectiveness of the other cancer drugs. If you really want to prove your point and get the word out about this you must really examine the research and write a report. That is the only way to settle this. Otherwise this is just going to be another example of quackery in the eyes of the scientific community.

I'm not trying to prove anything, I am just stating what ive learned from articles ive read, and storys ive heard - I could be wrong obviously and im not trying to prove some big medical miracle, it's just a very interesting topic that I belive could be true.

First of all' date=' I basically agree with everything that badchad said. There is no doubt in my mind that the pharmaceutical companies have sacrificed the good of the people in favor of monetary rewards on many occasions. However, there is little chance that pharmaceutical companies could cover up then prevent a cancer cure.

There is little chance that there is any natural cure for cancer as simple as taking a fruit seed. If it was this simple then man or at least another creature would have evolved the ability to produce this chemical long ago. Cancer is a multi-faceted problem that will require more work than finding a healthy seed to eliminate[/quote']

Ive seen you post many a time but this is your best yet,sometimes even the most complicated of subjects is dealt with short,to the point basic answers.Welldone.

Anyone who has a basic knowledge of cancer understands one day you might have 60 cancerous cells and the next day none.

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic487.htm

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_212.html

http://anaes-icu-waikato.org.nz/ICU/cyanide.htm

http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/cache/832176133.htm

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/greenline/03v3/11.html

http://www.inchem.org/documents/jecfa/jecmono/v30je18.htm

as requested!

edit:In case spaceman is too busy trolling to read, here`s a clip: "Bitter almonds contain approx. 2 - 4% of the glycoside amygdalin, which, in the presence of water and the enzyme emulsin (e.g. in the human digestive tract), releases hydrocyanic (prussic) acid, which is harmful to human health: as few as 7 - 10 bitter almonds eaten raw can cause severe problems and may even be fatal to children."

taken from: http://www.tis-gdv.de/tis_e/ware/nuesse/mandeln/mandeln.htm

and here`s the most damning report: http://cit.cancersource.com/LearnAbout/monograph.cfm?CITTopicID=3&ContentID=25755

you should have left well enough alone!

Sorry YT,I do not see disagreement as trolling.If thats your perception of me i can only apologise but its not me.

To prove my point your most damning evidence yet http://cit.cancersource.com/LearnAbout/monograph.cfm?CITTopicID=3&ContentID=25755

well not very damning at all if you notice it was graded (D)one from the bottom only speculitive data.The top (A) being strong evidence,and the bottom being strong evidence against.Hope that you see it as me just disagreeing and not just provoking ill feeling.I did take your PM seriously and apologised to you for it.I respect your position as moderater and would like a little curteousy please.

Best wishes SPACEMAN

Sorry YT,I do not see disagreement as trolling.If thats your perception of me i can only apologise but its not me.

Telling someone they are an idiot is not "disagreement". You did not actually reply to the post you quoted.

I respect your position as moderater and would like a little curteousy please.

It takes two to tango. Unprovoked attacks on staff are not the way to go if you expect courtesy.

accepted :)

now getting back to the point, as you`ll see in post #4 I stated that some have the mentality that taking more of something will work better or faster, and I`ve shown that this way of thinking when it concerns apricot kernels (bitter almonds) will make you VERY Ill and possibly even kill you.

I agree the same can apply to any drug, however when a medicine is seen as being "natural" or "Harmeless" like Vitamins or bitter almonds, caution tends to go out the window, often leading to tragic consequences.

now ignoring the evidence that bitter almonds isn`t really acknowledged as a "cure" and indeed many have jumped on this bandwaggon to exploit the ill and desperate to make money. it seems less of a conspiricy to withold a "know cure" and more like an excersize in caution.

If this vitamin really was a magic bullet for cancer then countries not under the influence of large pharmaceutical companies would surely be promoting it.

Castro for one would have no compuncture in producing and promoting it.

Or has the global multi national drug company conspiracy reached into Cuba where the CIA have failed? Beware Pfizer is going to take over the world!

I will only reiterate what others have said....if apricot kernel/seed was going to cure everyone then I'm guessing no-one from apricot growing countries who ate the damn things would ever have cancer. Oh how stupid of me....people don't eat seeds do they, especially not hard ones...that must be it ....that's why we are all dying of cancer. Sorry for the sarcasm but really people...try a PubMed search on this topic and you will be bombarded by all sorts of studies. I happen to have a firm belief in properly researched conventional medicine....you can shove alternative therapies where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned UNTIL they have been properly researched. Sorry if this offend but I've had my fill of earnest alternative crap merchants. I'm being a bit strong here I know but I have my reasons.

A pharmaceutical company cannot do anything it wants to. More the company is large, more FDA will survey it's activity. A multi-national has a very powerful Quality Assuarance and Regulatory Affairs dept. So even the Marketing will push for the launch of a new product, if this product is not save for the patients, it will be rejected, no matter the costs for production, packaging and launching.