Cure For Cancer.. Vitamin BH17?

k10magic

"You probably wonder what these people eat that makes them so strong, active and healthy at an age of 100 or even 120. Surprisingly enough nothing very exotic is found in their quite ordinary food. The only part that totally differs from the west diet traditions is that Hunza people do not consume animal fats. Their diet is rich all year round in fresh or dried fruit and nuts, especially apricots and apricot kernels, and their primary source of oil is apricot seeds."

http://www.gov.on.ca/OMAFRA/english/crops/hort/news/tenderfr/tf0706a4.htm

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vitamin B17 was the topic of great controversy over 30 or so years ago when some of the worlds top scientists claimed that when consumed the components of the seed make it 100 % impossible to develop cancer and will kill existing cancer in the most cases. Who here heard about this?

As you may know Vitamin BH17 is found in most fruit seeds' date=' manely Apricot seeds. The pharmacuticals companies together with the medical establishments pushed the FDA into making it ilegal to sell 'raw' apricot seeds or vitamin B17 with information about it's effects on cancer. Even to this day you cant get raw apricot seeds in your health food store only the sun dried ones which have all the important enzyme killed off

Is this information kept from the public? Do you think greedy Medical Asociations keep it from the public for purposes of self interest? Maybe to use it in the future for financial gain?

Thoughts?[/quote']

1. when an article mentions 100% probability, it is probably bunk. This article mentions that consumption of certain fruit will completely prevent cancer. Does that sound any alarm bells in your head?

2. You just sound paranoid. I'm sorry. no.

Furthermore, if the medical community really wanted to make money, they would find this magic bullet for cancer so they could market the friggin' thing. They would make more money in the long term this way.

Oh boy,

We just did this, one of the students raised it in our oncology nursing

section.

According to the lecturer Vitamin B17 is a myth.

There is no such thing, I have also seen this marketed as vitamin B31

and Vitamin B36.

He raised it the next day in our research class as an example

of "the incredible kind of rubbish you find on the internet" the moral

being be very careful about the sources youuse on the Net.

The lect also pointed out the Hydrogen cyanide is an highly

cytotoxic drug and that while it does kill cancer cells it's no

good as a cancer drug because it kills everything(including all those

nice healthy non-cancerous cells that keep alive and functional).

Final note, there have been for the last decade at least, although sadly

not much longer, indepentant phara companies in India that manufactured

clone drugs by using different processes to the west, and avoiding

patent law. (The actual molecule isn't copyrightable in India).

If this drug cured cancer, these companies (which don't exploit copyright)

would have been all over it, they would have been building a factory a

minute and preparing to reap the biggest untapped market you've ever

seen.

The Chinese government as well is not highly suspicious of 'natural'

remedies, yet as far as I know the PRC are not exploitiing any cancer

cure-all.

Alltogether this makes me think it's bull.

Cheers.

Wendy: You know that bit where it says "rich in fruits and vegetables, all year round", in other words a diet high in anti-oxidants and low in free radical sources.

This is almost certainly one reason for their strength and longevity.

Of course we had this where I lived too althoughnot to the same Extent.

In our case, it was game, berries, nuts, mushrooms, fish(5 sorts), vegetables and potatoes. Low meat, medium vegetables and enough potatoes to make an Irishman puke :) Yum.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Amygdalin is a potentially toxic disaccharide glycoside isolated from pits of plants of the genus Prunus, which includes, apricots, plums, peaches, cherries; and apple seeds. It releases hydrogen cyanide, HCN, when hydrolyzed either by warm aqueous acid (gives HCN, benzaldehyde, and 2 mol of D-glucose) or by specific enzymes. Apparently, we have been conditioned not to eat anything made from or with peach pits/apple seeds/......and soon......peanuts.

peach.gif

Jason Vale, the only person to be put in maximum security Federal prison for the sale of Laetrile in the United States. He was a national arm wrestling champion after he was cured of kidney, pancreatic and spleen cancer by eating apricot seeds. He was the nations biggest spokesperson for the legalization of Laetrile and wanted to crack the supposed lies of the cancer industry. Sloan-Kettering was on the side of the prosecution during Jason Vale's criminal trial.

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/12/13/jason_vale_and_the_cancer_mafia.htm

and

Pretty interesting stuff. Never heard of this.

About doctors and the cure, i dont believe that finding the cure for a disease is as important to them as finding the problem. If someone finds out what causes cancer and how it developes, then from there they can come up with solutions.

Hum. That article (http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sep...ancer_mafia.htm) looks exactly like one of the previous posts in this thread. You all do know, don't you, that cancer is evolution in action. It will never - never ever - be cured. You have a number of proteins (eg, p53, Rb, etc) and numerous biological mechanisms in your body that act to prevent cancer, or uncontrolled cell growth. Cancerous cells simply continue to evolve until they've bypassed all the body's safeguards against cancer. Placing your own safeguards in the way of cancer (eg, drugs), will slow down cancer's evolution - but you will never be able to stop it. Given the many thousands of ways that cancer can bypass the body's safeguards, it is really quite stupid to think that any one pharmaceutical could 'cure' cancer.

I really fail to see why these conspiracy theories continue to manifest themselves. Any of the millions of undergraduate biology students there are out there could have told you that laetrile could not possibly cure or prevent any cancer.

I have this awful tendency to repeat information I find relevant. "Evolution in Action" indeed my friend.

We know cancer cells can be controlled or eliminated via "tumor suppressor genes" (such as p53), which hold oncogenes in check, and "DNA repair genes" (mutation-correcting mechanisms). But what happens when these mechanisms go "wiggy" in older adults as a result of poor diet choices, pharmaceuticals, radiation and carcinogen exposure (factory workers in particular)..., it’s not wrong to ponder the thought of intervention.

Specific carcinogens, like cigarettes, do not cause cancer, they merely determine where

it is going to occur. When B.F. Goodrich announced that some of its workers exposed to vinyl chloride were dying from a rare cancer, the "HUSH" lid was capped. Unfortunately, no survey was published regarding the diet, smoking habits, alcohol, drug or vitamin consumption ... of these workers but it was apparent that the final blow to the stressed body was the vinyl chloride.

So, we sit in this state of Melancholy and ponder the potential benefits of B17.

Right. The cancer cells out-evolve the tumor suppressors. All cancer cells have mutations in tumor suppressors, and over 50% of all cancers have mutations in p53 in particular (mutations = evolution). Even if you made allll the right diet choices and were never hit with any radiation (both impossible), your DNA replication machinery does make mistakes, and eventually you will have some cells that have evolved (or mutated, if that makes it easier for you) to become cancerous. Because there are many, many different mutations in different genes that allow cells to become cancerous, it is not at all possible that one chemical can stop all types of cancer. Even if it could, it would only be a short matter of time before the cancer cells out-evolved the BH17. Cancer cells must evolve 5 different phenotypes to become malignant. BH17 is just increasing that to 6.

Oh, and, BTW, I work in cancer-related research in a hospital right next to Sloan-Kettering. The people that do cancer research do NOT get into it for the money (I, admittedly early on in my career, get paid less than the janitors - contrasted with many of my friends with business, not biology degrees, that make twice what I do and don't have to live in the ghetto). We publicly-funded scientists would embrace ANYTHING that would help cancer patients - and would publish it. BH17, from what I've read, is, at worst, neutral - it won't help or hurt your cancer rates. So believe whatever you want to about the chemical, and take it in moderation if you want. But don't malign people's names whose only real desire is to increase knowledge and lessen suffering.

DNA and genes don't have to be a static blueprint heading for a downward spiral. Think of them as a software program responding to what's going on in and around our bodies; if we eat junk foods, our genetic programming changes for the worse; if we eat healthier foods, our genes function better.

Genetics ultimately depend on what we eat for example, we need the B vitamins (3-6-12...) and folic acid to make and repair our DNA. Many of these same vitamins, through a chemical process called DNA methylation, also regulate gene activity, for example, they turn off more than 1,700 genes known to instigate cancer. If you can't make and repair your DNA, you can't make and repair your genes and as a result you'll age faster and be more likely to develop various age-related diseases.

The interesting thing is, you can reverse age-related DNA damage and prevent inherited disease-causing genes. I know, I know .. Enzymes play a role as in

the case of existing diseases like CF but that's another topic. By the way, whats the name of that that enzyme that breaks down B17?

A nutrient-dense diet (fish, poultry, high-fiber, and nonstarchy vegetables (sorry Husmusen, no taters) is ideal. Unfortunately, todays diets based on

refined starches and sugars increase insulin and cortisol levels, activating genes involved in prediabetes and inflammation conditions like RA. WE know,

exercise turns on genes that help the body burn blood sugar and fat.... Bla, Bla, Bla

No conclusion, just a thought ....

No conclusion' date=' just a thought ....[/quote']

Great post, Wendy. :cool: Detoxify the body with a proper diet and lifestyle regimen and cancer cells don't propagate and multiply. Imo, the cause of cancer buck stops with diet and lifestyle. Yes, some have better bodies and better genes to overcome bad lifestyle than weaker ones, but you're not likely to get cancer on wholesome vegie salads, broiled fish, raw nuts and other nutritious foods, (preferably organically grown) along with proper exercise and clean environment.

Edited to add: No silver bullet is going to cancel out bad diet and lifestyle for a cure to cancer. The American Cancer Society and the AMA find it more profitable to look for cures than finding them. They've been collecting $$$ for decades, all the while assuring the donors that a cure's around the corner. It's all about money, imo, and a lot of folks get rich on the futile search.

"The interesting thing is, you can reverse age-related DNA damage and prevent inherited disease-causing genes."

This is beyond idiotic. I'm done - you don't want to listen, don't listen. Eat your apricot pits or whatever. Just make sure you don't subsidize those bastards at Sloan-Kettering or the AMA by seeking chemotherapy when you finally do get cancer (at, I'm sure, the advanced age of 652).

"The interesting thing is' date=' you can reverse age-related DNA damage and prevent inherited disease-causing genes."

This is beyond idiotic. I'm done..............[/quote']

Before you run off, it would be interesting and helpful if you'd show wherein the above statement is "idiotic" as you say. Can you substantiate a scientific refutation to it in order that we who are not apprised on this can evaluate it?

"The interesting thing is, you can reverse age-related DNA damage and prevent inherited disease-causing genes."

This is beyond idiotic. I'm done - you don't want to listen, don't listen. Eat your apricot pits or whatever. Just make sure you don't subsidize those bastards at Sloan-Kettering or the AMA by seeking chemotherapy when you finally do get cancer (at, I'm sure, the advanced age of 652).

Given the bodies massive and intricate arsenal of DNA repairing and guarding

proteins, if you have been eating a poor diet and then swapped to a

good one, I would be surprised if at least some of the damage wasn't repaired.

Perhaps he was referring to the second claim that you can stop damaged

genes from being inhereted by diet which is just plain wrong.

By far the greatest effect of a good diet is not in Apricot kernels, but

in proper nutrition which gives the body all it's raw materials to repair

and replace damaged and disabled cells.

And also anti-oxidants which slow down DNA damage from normal

genetic wear and tear.

Cheers.

YT2095:

eh? :confused:

Tolomerase is a protein that adds tolomere repeat sequences.

Tolomeres shorten as cells divide over time.

Which is different from the wear and tear accumulated from free

radicals and other sources in my understanding.

While a tolomerase based drug may be very useful in slowing ageing,

I'm not sure you would want to give this to a cancer patient, as

it would probably only accelerate the tumor or at best do nothing.

(I'm not a bio-chem Authority though)

But I'm not sure what you are saying?

you`re not far off when you say it`s to do with ageing :)

in particular the amount of times a cell replicates, as the end tag wears away it`ll stop division, a flaw in this creates a/the problem.

Yes - sorry to be abrupt but conspiracy theorists annoy me, especially when they don't listen and say completely wrong things so matter-of-factly. Your diet does affect a number of your DNA repair mechanisms - folic acid (vitamin b6) acts in the process of converting folate to thymine. When you don't have enough folic acid, you don't make enough thymine and your cells try to substitute uracil (an RNA base) for thymine (a DNA base). This causes strand breaks and mutations. I'm not going to debate whether overloading on antioxidants and vitamins may keep you healthier (the jury's still out on that).

However, once it's mutated, it's mutated. There ain't no going back. You can eat whatever you want - it's never going to fix your mutated genes. You can't reverse age-related DNA damage (unless you're talking about, yes, telomeres - but Geron hasn't had much success with telomerase as a drug). I'm not sure what Wendy meant by "prevent inherited disease-causing genes." But for damn sure you can't stop the effect of your defective genes through diet. And you can't stop the transmission of these defective genes to your kids, unless your diet includes a lot of potassium cyanide (a surefire birth control method, too).

Theoretically, women taking B17 = miscarriage

Studies found several cases of miscarriage in pregnant women who were taking laetrile for cancer ….. for centuries Polynesian girls have eaten a papaya seeds to avoid pregnancy …….

India….. Of these, the methods in most widespread popular use are raw papaya……

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/Organizations/healthnet/SAsia/suchana/0510/herhealingheritage2.html

pregnant women should avoid papaya as it may cause a miscarriage…..

http://www.bawarchi.com/health/papaya.html

... Due to the risk of miscarriage, pregnant women should not take passion flower ..Apricot. ...

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsTake/0,3927,4101%7CApricot+Vine,00.html

K.. not the best examples but you get the idea.

• 3 weeks later...

The drug companies want a lifelong drug for cancer.

Meaning it wont kill it. It will just keep you alive with it.

The medical establishment is dependent on the population

being sick. And Half of what doctors have been taught is wrong.

The other half right. The problem is the doctors don't

know which is which!!! :P

• 2 weeks later...
The drug companies want a lifelong drug for cancer.

Meaning it wont kill it. It will just keep you alive with it.

The medical establishment is dependent on the population

being sick. And Half of what doctors have been taught is wrong.

The other half right. The problem is the doctors don't

know which is which!!! :P

........and in the meanttime' date=' [i']they bury their mistakes.[/i] Scores of thousands die yearly from drug side effects, to the point that on a number of drug containers, among the side effects are death! :eek:

• 5 months later...

"Apricot kernels contain an average of 21% proteins and 52% vegetable oils, and are widely used as a substitute of almonds in food, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. Apricot seeds, because of their remarkably high content of amygdalin, are a source of vitamin B17 and utilized in alternative medicine for cancer therapy. "

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/hort/news/tenderfr/tf0706a4.htm

I have been reading for two years now about b17 (leatrile) and its supposed effects on cancer. Online you can find lots of sites dedicated to it. The first one to state this effect was Dr. Krebs. But what has really bugged me always was the fact that I can also write some shit on my website. For a real good discussion about the subject here, we should provide solid articles about the subject that everyone agrees on they are telling the truth. Do any of you have extremely reliable papers in which some real research about B17 is undertaken??