Mysterious growth

Jake712

My physics teacher recently discovered that some sort of organism grew in a super saturated sucrose-water solution :eek: . However, my biology teacher and I were unable to identify what fungus, mold, ect it was :confused: . For now i will do my best to describe it and I will try to get a picture posted by Monday. It's like a hyrid between a jellyfish and a eyeball. It has a large inch diameter spherical top with something black inside it. Extending from one side there is a cloud of tentacle-like extensions. I assume that the bottle was closed for the time that the bottle sat on the shelf, however I do not know if it was air-tight.

If any one has any ideas please post. Thanks.

I will try to get a picture of it during class on Monday and post it.

What about algie. I encounter this in my work and there are many different colours a white translucent slime and black among them. This stuff grows mainly in the wash tank and water channels but has been known to grow in the fix tank which is acid and all sorts of other crap. Theres silver and chemicals and even algicide going in which is an extream biocide soup and the stuff still grows in the dark.

• 2 weeks later...