Step 2:

Solar_Cell_Phone_Charger_XJ_S3B_602.jpg

Step 3:

Breadboard.jpg

Step 4:

??

Step 5:

$Profit$

Are you asking if it is possible to configure this robotic device to operate off of a charge developed through a solar cell? If this is the case it really isn't a matter of connecting a peripheral device, as much as it is about bypassing the supplied power source in favour of a solar panel. In either case the tasks are both accomplished in a number of different ways. Could you describe the problem in more detail? :)

Edited by Xittenn

Yes, really sorry about my lack of description. I wanted to be able to read the amount of currents produced by the solar panel in terms of digital data. Basically I wanted the solar panel to interact with the microcontroller based on the digital data.

it's kind of like how a solar tracker works.

You would have to build an external module to handle the encoding of the solar sensor array. You could then add a few subroutines to the embedded software to read and store the data, and to incorporate the proper behaviourism. Mechanical connection can be made through the UART port provided. It's not really a question of can it be done, it's how much time do you have to throw it together, or how fast can you learn. It's a nice little project, nothing too difficult for someone with an intermediate level of knowledge.

I can't recommend a website, no. I would recommend reading books on the individual topics en lieu. Go over Electricity and Magnetism, Computing and Logic, Basic Circuits. You will have to learn how to build on and for a specialized Linux kernel. I really don't know how little it is you know . . . . Look over the specifications on the device and then look stuff up on the internet :D