windmill equations

Gunnaras

Okay so, now i have figured out the force the air is pushing against the wing. But now i need to figure out how much of that force will be converted into circular force? So far i have calculated a wing area of 40 squere meters wing angle is 45 degrees and the force is 1960N I i,m awar of that i need vector calculus.. But i dont know from where to aproach it. Plzz help

Hmm, I'd wager that it's going to be more complicated than all that Probably involving lift ratios and stall speed and a number of other things I haven't really thought about enough to give you a good answer. These factors will probably depend heavily on geometry, as well.

One way of getting an answer simply might be to use a top down approach. Start with energy.

Find some efficiency figures for basic windmills (probably around 10% as a good ballpark unless it's a high performance design). Then find the kinetic energy contained in the air.

That'll give you the max rotation rate for a given torque and wind-speed (the combination of friction and energy going to your generator).

Maybe you could describe what you are trying to achieve and a bit more about the situation, then we could possibly be of more use.