PHYISICS EXAM

Gunnaras

hey everyone i,m about to wriite my physics exam. Wich i,m going up to in 3 weeks.

It must contain:

Kinematics

Angular motion

Vector calculus

Oscilations

Thermodynamics

Pressure

electricity

and some quantum mechanics..

i was sugested to write about a ship sailing trough atlantic ocean..

But it didnt really catch me.

So i wanted to ask if you have any fun/interesting toppics for my exam =)

Is this a written 'research paper' type exam? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "about to write my physics exam" or by "going up to in 3 weeks".

Also, can you give us an idea of what level of physics are we talking about? Is this highschool level? AP-physics? College? It'll give me an idea of what ideas to toss around.

There are tons of "day to day" things where you can analyze the physics.

How are you with sports? A swimming competition, for example, can cover kinematics (the swimmer jumps to the water, what's the best way jump, how much energy is required for what height/distance) and you have vectors (what's the best angle for the swimmer to hit the water surface, etc) fluid dynamics can account for some thermo, etc.

A marathon can also be an interesting way of analyzing anything from kinematics to thermo (how much would the soles of the shoes heat up due to friction? I'm just throwing an idea) and also you can stretch it a bit to work on oscillations if the runner has some packpack or something, and is running at constant speed (bouncing up and down at certain height), measure the oscillation of some water bottle in their pack or something like that.

Do any of these help? I can toss around more ideas if you want.

~mooey

1321725885[/url]' post='639550']

Is this a written 'research paper' type exam? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "about to write my physics exam" or by "going up to in 3 weeks".

Also, can you give us an idea of what level of physics are we talking about? Is this highschool level? AP-physics? College? It'll give me an idea of what ideas to toss around.

There are tons of "day to day" things where you can analyze the physics.

How are you with sports? A swimming competition, for example, can cover kinematics (the swimmer jumps to the water, what's the best way jump, how much energy is required for what height/distance) and you have vectors (what's the best angle for the swimmer to hit the water surface, etc) fluid dynamics can account for some thermo, etc.

A marathon can also be an interesting way of analyzing anything from kinematics to thermo (how much would the soles of the shoes heat up due to friction? I'm just throwing an idea) and also you can stretch it a bit to work on oscillations if the runner has some packpack or something, and is running at constant speed (bouncing up and down at certain height), measure the oscillation of some water bottle in their pack or something like that.

Do any of these help? I can toss around more ideas if you want.

~mooey

Its a colege degree. When i mean write a exam i mean i,m going to do a reasearch on a event then send the pappers to my teachers.. And then i,m going to a exam where i must defend my statements in these pappers.. And yess it helped but sports does not cover my need of electricity .. So if you have more interesting thoughts trow them here :)

Okay, a bicycle ride could do it. You have the basic kinematics, but you can also have friction/heat in the wheels (maybe have the rider stop and oil the wheels ;)

If the rider has a dynamo, you can insert electricity in there. Angular motion can be explained using the wheels movement, you can probably find a way to shove oscillations in there too.

For vectors, stick a ramp or something in the middle of the track and have your rider jump it with the bike -- kinematics and vectors in one stone.

What else... hmm