Functions

Gunnaras

So as told in discription my problem is functions and parabola calculations.. Everything else like trigonometry and so i find comparely easy to see trough... Do you have any good ways how i can memoryze function formulas and understand them just by looking at them or make them by given the amout of values... Plzz help me out herePs if you know any good websites dump them in as well

So you have an equation [imath] y=4a^x[/imath] which seems to have three unknowns - but what else have you been told?

remember - If you have a point on a curve - you have a set of x and y that fit the function, that's what the points on a curve are.

Edited by imatfaal

So you have an equation [imath] y=4a^x[/imath] which seems to have three unknowns - but what else have you been told?

remember - If you have a point on a curve - you have a set of x and y that fit the function, that's what the points on a curve are.

okay so i,m aware of that x goes trough 4. But what role does a ? can i even set like `0=4*a(uplifted in x) but since its a up in x. can it have a value or would it be just like a is from -infinite to infiniti?

Btw thanx for the khan acadamy but everything there is mesurred in pi and radians witch is very hard to convert in head..

1. khan academy has sections on algebra and functions as well as trig

2. your first post said that the curve went through (2,100) NOT 4

OK you have the equation [imath] y=4a^x [/imath]

A function means that that that you can determine y for every given x. You have been told what one set of x and y are; ie at one point of that function x=2 and y=100. Put those figures into the function and you will be able to find a

If I have been helpful feel free to hit the little plus button here --->

Edited by imatfaal