Kundalini syndrome

immortal

I think I'm suffering from this syndrome, I have most of the symptoms metioned in here -->wiki. I was doing an intense traditional practice for almost one year without taking advice from a spiritual master, it was an intense physical exercise which also requires one to have breathing exercises at the same time and one day all of a sudden I fell forward in the morning and backward in the evening (not my words, it was put nicely by my friend), when I was doing it in the morning that day I lost my consciousness and after I was awake I was lying on my mat with my whole body jerking with involuntary movements, it was a rush of energy which I felt. Since I had no guidance I unfortunately continued to do it in the evening too which is a traditional practice and this time I fell backwards and my head smashed on to the floor and I was on my mom's lap when I woke up. She said that my body was very cold.

I didn't visited a physician since I thought it was not the kind of problem a medical proffesional could diagnose it and I stopped doing it out of fear and continued or tried to live a normal life, and I would consider myself being normal but the stresses are showing on my body and my emotions, I got meddled with someone's personal space and it has made it a lot worse. Symptoms like disinterest, disassociation, cries, uncontrollable emotions, fantasy prone can be highlighted.

Since we don't find too many people who can remove those stresses from the body I might have to bear this spiritual emergency by leading a normal healthy life as described in that article. I was astonished to read that information on wiki, it seems mutants are on the rise. I wonder what's the take of transpersonal psychology on this.

• 4 weeks later...

That is just a form of Yoga. There is the more mundane stretching exercises that can be functional, but much yoga is used to achieve mental/physical/emotional states that are not functional. Yes, with yoga techniques and a vast amount of time and auto-suggestion, one can remove feeling from parts of the body, exercise some control over the heartbeat rate, even achieve a delusion of "becoming one with the world." You can achieve an ability to fall unconscious. You might have developed a blood clot in the brain as a result. Who wants that?

The so-called explanation for the techniques are mired in ancient Hindu "science" of between 500 to 1500 AD. It can all be better explained scientifically as self-hypnosis. Other than the stretching exercises, little of any of it is really useful. We need to feel pain, we need to feel distinct from the rest of the world, we need to let body-need determine the heart rate, and we do not need to have the ability to collapse as if we were experiencing an epileptic seizure.

That is just a form of Yoga. There is the more mundane stretching exercises that can be functional, but much yoga is used to achieve mental/physical/emotional states that are not functional. Yes, with yoga techniques and a vast amount of time and auto-suggestion, one can remove feeling from parts of the body, exercise some control over the heartbeat rate, even achieve a delusion of "becoming one with the world." You can achieve an ability to fall unconscious. You might have developed a blood clot in the brain as a result. Who wants that?

The so-called explanation for the techniques are mired in ancient Hindu "science" of between 500 to 1500 AD. It can all be better explained scientifically as self-hypnosis. Other than the stretching exercises, little of any of it is really useful. We need to feel pain, we need to feel distinct from the rest of the world, we need to let body-need determine the heart rate, and we do not need to have the ability to collapse as if we were experiencing an epileptic seizure.

I rather prefer to remain sceptical about it than making any claims about what we can acheive from Yoga, I didn't do it for the purpose of achieving some ability or to become a super human or to achieve the ability to teleport, I'm quite happy to spend a few cents to take a boat and go to the other bank side of the river rather than do a stretching exercise for years and just achieve to teleport from one side of the river to the other.

I am one of them from that Culture and we have only theoretical knowledge in the form of ancient texts, we don't have much knowledge about its techniques or the nack of doing it, most of the technical knowledge has been lost over time and there are only hardly few people who have some good knowledge in those areas. So I really did wanted to know what it is, I wanted to experience it on myself, I didn't had any expectations what so ever, I just thought of practicing it and this is what has led to this mess that I have created by doing it with no guidance and stimulating things in the wrong way.

Did you read the discussion page?

Nope! I read it after you linked it, Yes I was surprised at first seeing the document of information that was compiled for that article, I knew it wasn't mainstream science but I also couldn't discard it easily, it seems the editors there have come to conclusions on their own and it may not be a syndrome at all, the last few posts by the editor atleast shows that there were a few cases that are researched and clinically tested. I think its just more of a problem or an obstacle in the path of the awakening. Its pretty normal and has no side effects if it is being done under the guidance of a master.

I think we can put this as said here,

seems like charlatans are writing on this topic without actually knowing the meaning if kundlini and its awakening. if cited studies are genuine then western world should not practice awakening without proper initiation, guru and devotion. absurd article indeed 59.95.99.62 (talk) 17:54, 22 October 2011 (UTC)

You should.

An athlete who falls down after an exercise is a bad warning.

And if you were an athlete, you would be supervised by a doctor.

Yes, I think I should atleast I can get some help from the physiological side of it.