All atoms of noble gases have their outermost shells completely filled ...

Primarygun

you should slap your teacher on the check..

and well, the topic needs to be clarified, because there are quite few compounds of noble gases. and some mmmm radioactive and unfilled.

if i understood well, then i disagree.

It makes interhalogen compounds such as Iodine-fluoride, chlorine-fluoride, bromine-fluoride, etc. etc. In all cases, the fluorine atom is of course in the negative oxidation state and the other halogen is in a positive oxidation state. As a result, these compounds react pretty vigorously with most anything.

well, i wouldnt say that chlorine gets oxidized by fluorine, per se. it's a covalent bond with partial ionic character.

"Can fluorine react with any of the noble gases? If so what does it make?"

he asked if fluorine can react with NOBLE GASES, not halogens.

anyway, fluorine reacts with noble gases...KrF2, XeF2, XeF4, XeF6

• 8 months later...

Noble gases do not have to have there outer shell filled.It is very possible for other atoms to strip off electrons, leaving them without full shells. Thye will still be noble gases, because there position on the periodic table would be the same, but they would not have a full shell.

Noble gases do not have to have there outer shell filled.It is very possible for other atoms to strip off electrons, leaving them without full shells. Thye will still be noble gases, because there position on the periodic table would be the same, but they would not have a full shell.

Yes, but this discussion began by talking about standard state noble gases which all do have a full outer shell.