Spontaneous Human Combustion

timmothy

If quantum energy travels about, if it collided could it cause such a thing as spontaneous human combustion.

If a person were able to " Jump" useing this energy and actually be in multiple places at the same time,

if that energy were disrupted during travel as to delay arrival, it could then collide with another atom of that same energy.

Please forgive me for my seaminly ignorance, I have a hard time with communicating what I see.

Can you cite a case of spontaneous human combustion that has been proved to be that with no other source of ignition.

There is at least one death officially recorded as spontaneous human combustion. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/8783929/Irish-pensioner-died-of-spontaneous-human-combustion.html

Edited by TonyMcC

The wick effect explains human combustion. It isn't spontaneous -- I think what usually happens is that people die suddenly or pass out from alcohol or drugs and end up catching themselves on fire (usually with a cigarette, I'd imagine).

The wick effect burns the body nearly completely wherever there is enough fat, but the rest of the room doesn't catch on fire. What is left is a burned-up body with no evidence of the source of the fire except for the person themselves. A strange scene to behold -- but, completely reproducible in a lab -- no real mystery.

If quantum energy travels about, if it collided could it cause such a thing as spontaneous human combustion.

If a person were able to " Jump" useing this energy and actually be in multiple places at the same time,

if that energy were disrupted during travel as to delay arrival, it could then collide with another atom of that same energy.

Please forgive me for my seaminly ignorance, I have a hard time with communicating what I see.

From your use of terminology, I suspect you have been duped by a purveyor of snake oil. There is no type of energy known as "quantum energy" and people do not "jump" to be in multiple places at once.

There is at least one death officially recorded as spontaneous human combustion. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/8783929/Irish-pensioner-died-of-spontaneous-human-combustion.html

First line: Michael Faherty, 76, was found lying face down near an open fire

I don't know where you keep your fire but I tend to keep mine with the fire, not to mention that a newspaper isn't a scientific source and the coroner was probably drunk cause he's Irish. :P

Edited by Psycho

Not to mention that if there was this ENERGY flying around, anything around us could spontaneously combust without warning.

Maybe it was from some of that Irish shine. I don't know how it is over there, but where I come from it makes you want to combust.

First line: Michael Faherty, 76, was found lying face down near an open fire

I don't know where you keep your fire but I tend to keep mine with the fire, not to mention that a newspaper isn't a scientific source and the coroner was probably drunk cause he's Irish. :P

I am of Irish Ancestry - I like a drink and sometimes sit by the fire. However you did ask for an officially recorded case and this seems to be one!

Edited by TonyMcC

I am of Irish Ancestry - I like a drink and sometimes sit by the fire. However you did ask for an officially recorded case and this seems to be one!

What I said is plan to see and you found a case of a dead man sitting by a fire, I specifically asked for one where there was no other source of ignition, it is plainly obvious that the fire caused that case.

That appeared to be so obvious that it was considered by experts. To quote from the report :-

Yes of course, so the logical assertion of a man sitting next to a fire is that he spontaneously combusted, not that the evidence was destroyed by the fact he was on fire.

I know exactly what your saying.

Hummm, I gotta try to get my money back before I get duped again. Some guy sold me a ticket and told me I could actually get in a machine and fly across the ocean. Not that I would want to go to the end and fall off! :>

From your use of terminology, I suspect you have been duped by a purveyor of snake oil. There is no type of energy known as "quantum energy" and people do not "jump" to be in multiple places at once.

Yes of course, so the logical assertion of a man sitting next to a fire is that he spontaneously combusted, not that the evidence was destroyed by the fact he was on fire.

Firstly, I personally am quite sceptical when it comes to spontaneous human combustion.

I am just stating the fact that at least one death certificate gives it as the cause of death.

The reason for this appears to have been arrived at by a coroner who was able to call on whatever experts he considered necessary.

He seems to have enlisted suitable experts (who would quite likely be scientists) to consider whether the fire was the cause of the combustion and they said no it wasn't.

Therefore you are not arguing with me - you are arguing with a coroner and his panel of experts.

As for me, I am quite willing to declare that I really don't know. Do you?

If a quantum is a measurement of energy then how could it not exist ? Or has this measurement not been proven to exist ?

It's an amount of energy (implying a discrete amount, i.e. some values are not permitted) rather than a type of energy. It has been shown to exist in this way.

Firstly, I personally am quite sceptical when it comes to spontaneous human combustion.

I am just stating the fact that at least one death certificate gives it as the cause of death.

The reason for this appears to have been arrived at by a coroner who was able to call on whatever experts he considered necessary.

He seems to have enlisted suitable experts (who would quite likely be scientists) to consider whether the fire was the cause of the combustion and they said no it wasn't.

Therefore you are not arguing with me - you are arguing with a coroner and his panel of experts.

As for me, I am quite willing to declare that I really don't know. Do you?

It is true, I don't know, but I do have occams razor on my side.

Generally, coroners have had a previous career as a lawyer (solicitor/barrister) or physician of at least five years standing.

I really hope that isn't true.

It's been my experience that people tend to forget that scientists are 'human' too, or more precisely, scientists can be just as willfully blind, self-serving, conformist, fearful and mendacious as anyone else. Some of them are even unabashed con men who falsify their data, or intellectual prostitutes who will produce the results they are paid to, whether they believe them or not. Just because it's been peer-reviewed, or written by a person with a string of letters after their name, doesn't mean it's true, or even remotely so. And if history tells us anything, it's that the history of science is a long history of wrong or incomplete ideas that are continually changed to get closer to the factual truth. So it's best to be skeptical whenever scientists speak in terms of absolutes with certainty, whenever they put the lid on testing alternate hypotheses. Chances are, they're simply deceiving themselves, and you.

Science is a work in progress. The theories that are taken for granted as being true may very well turn out to be completely bogus and those theories we may take as bogus may turn out to be true! Only after following the intervention of new discoveries and innovations can we ever get to the absolute truth!

Of coarse this is only My opinion, no way to prove I am right or I am wrong, only that I AM!

We've recently published a theory from Brian J Ford on spontaneous human combustion. He thinks its down to ketosis and being diabetic:

A patient experiences ketosis; acetone and its allies form a reserve in the fatty tissues of the body and collect in gaseous form under the clothing; the patient is thus potentially inflammable. A static spark from fabric or combing the hair could set off fierce combustion. The energy required to trigger an explosion of gaseous hydrocarbons is as little as 0.02 mJ, which falls below the threshold of human perception, whereas static sparks from clothing can produce a painful jolt.

The reported cases support my proposal perfectly. Many of the victims have high levels of body fat, which provide the fuel depot and the likelihood of ketosis.

http://www.labnews.co.uk/features/solving-the-mystery-of-human-spontaneous-combustion/