Online schools?

Froggie

So I have my cousin here, who is 13. She is a really mature 13 year old who wants to self study online. she wants to find basically an online school. She quite likes Hippocampus and Khan Academy, but she really wants better ones. She particullarly likes Biology. It would be helpful and brilliant if the school had lots of subjects/courses, such as The Sciences, English, History etc.

She has only just 13 and she hasn't done anything really complicated, but she's pretty good at Biology and English!

So yeah, links qould be great and a little feedback on some sites please!!!

You mean she wants to homeschool but use online classes? Here are some I use and recommend:

http://www.aphomeschoolers.com/

http://writeathome.com/ -- pretty easy, only really a supplement, but still good.

I've always done math at home, Chalkdust is good for prealgebra-geometry. (I limit to pre.-geometry because I haven't done past that yet) There is a video for each lesson, and an online help component. Math-U-See IMO is wonderful for the lower grades.

Or maybe you were just looking for supplements? Online (and physical) community college classes are worth checking out.

Tell her you really want to make sure she has an extracurricular or two that she is in the top 1% in that category (music, martial arts...). Colleges like that.

You mean she wants to homeschool but use online classes? Here are some I use and recommend:

http://www.aphomeschoolers.com/

http://writeathome.com/ -- pretty easy, only really a supplement, but still good.

I've always done math at home, Chalkdust is good for prealgebra-geometry. (I limit to pre.-geometry because I haven't done past that yet) There is a video for each lesson, and an online help component. Math-U-See IMO is wonderful for the lower grades.

Or maybe you were just looking for supplements? Online (and physical) community college classes are worth checking out.

Tell her you really want to make sure she has an extracurricular or two that she is in the top 1% in that category (music, martial arts...). Colleges like that.

Well, she does go to high school, but she wants to do extra lessons if you know what I mean. So she doesn't want any like certificates or diplomas or anything, just a little something outside of school, with homework to do for it.

Well, she does go to high school, but she wants to do extra lessons if you know what I mean. So she doesn't want any like certificates or diplomas or anything, just a little something outside of school, with homework to do for it.

She's 13 and in high school? I hope her age doesn't disadvantage her too much by the time she gets to college. Or is she almost 14??

Anyway, so she mainly wants a biology and English supplement? What is she doing now in school for biology? Check out the write-at-home site.

I realized I should have clarified why I randomly mentioned the extra curricular stuff. If she has extra time, she might want to make sure she has a few extra-curricular things that she is good at.

She's 13 and in high school? I hope her age doesn't disadvantage her too much by the time she gets to college. Or is she almost 14??

Anyway, so she mainly wants a biology and English supplement? What is she doing now in school for biology? Check out the write-at-home site.

I realized I should have clarified why I randomly mentioned the extra curricular stuff. If she has extra time, she might want to make sure she has a few extra-curricular things that she is good at.

Do you live in America? Becuase in the UK she is the exact age for school, she is actually slightly older than usual. She is in the second year of high school, you go into high school age 11/12.

She mainly wants biology and english, but she'd like other subjects. And she'd really need homework, she is a nerdy child, loves her homework!!!

Do you live in America? Becuase in the UK she is the exact age for school, she is actually slightly older than usual. She is in the second year of high school, you go into high school age 11/12.

She mainly wants biology and english, but she'd like other subjects. And she'd really need homework, she is a nerdy child, loves her homework!!!

I keep forgetting other countries are represented here. Sorry.

Psst: I like my hw too.

What does she find lacking in the current sites?

Well she does like them, and uses them, but what she'd really love is the same thing, with homework. Her favourite is Hippocampus and even though you can do assignments, she'd prefer it if it was compulsory, you know?

I keep forgetting other countries are represented here. Sorry.

Psst: I like my hw too.

Lol, it's ok!

Yeah, she loves it! I like it too, but seriously, evil teachers give me waaay too much!