To buy or not to buy?

Gilded

Hmmh. I don't really know where I should put this, could even put it in the GD, put since it has to do with... err, electronics and gadgets, after about 5 seconds of careful consideration, I put this here.

Sooo... I've been going to buy a Geiger counter for a long time, and now I'm thinking which model is the best. It would be used to monitor quite low levels of radiation (operating range from 0.01uSv/h to 1mSv/h maybe). A digital display wouldn't hurt either. I have considered the Inspector-model:

http://www.geigercounters.com/SpecInsp.htm (you can even buy a nice piece of software for it :P )

Any better suggestions?

ok that cuts it. I'm gonna start selling jesus statues out my trunk. Wait, I need a trunk. Doomed again :(

heh, and I gullibly followed atiny's link thinking "What in the hell kinda geiger counter is catholicshopper.com" gonna be selling?" Boy was I shocked.

I haven't looked for them here, but you might check http://www.sciam.com they've got all sortsa surplus stuff for a nice price. Chemistry, electronics, and other stuff too.

Couldn't find any at sciam.com. :< And I forgot to say that it wouldn't hurt to have the counter shipped from the EU-area. One provider said that shipping from US to Finland costs 119 dollars. One hundred and nineteen dollars for shipping. SHIPPING.

119$ FOR GODDAMN SHIPPING!

It would be nice to scan public places (or even better, nuclear power plants when you're on a tour or something) with a Geiger counter and shout "OH F*** WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" and see how many people start running around in panic. You might achieve a better result if you wear official looking white overalls and a weird headgear.