I think it's ethical to say goodbye ..

Aristarchus in Exile

It's ethical to say goodbye to the people involved in this forum. I almost certainly will have been banned by the time you read this. I pointed out to the moderators where their personal ethics are not ethical, where their personal idea of what science is varies with true ideas of science, and of course, their pride causes them offense, and as they have the 'on' 'off' switch they really have little choice in their sense of ethics but to use the 'off.' Cheers.

Is this a request?

It's funny. Most of the members here seem unaffected by our insane megalomania and insistence on stupid little rules you agreed to when signing up. It's quite odd we have quite a large number of members with not only a long list of posts under their belt, but a high reputation score.

They must all be sucking up to us.

It's funny. Most of the members here seem unaffected by our insane megalomania and insistence on stupid little rules you agreed to when signing up. It's quite odd we have quite a large number of members with not only a long list of posts under their belt, but a high reputation score.

I don't know about that... What I do know is how pretty you are, Mooey!

It's ethical to say goodbye to the people involved in this forum. I almost certainly will have been banned by the time you read this. I pointed out to the moderators where their personal ethics are not ethical, where their personal idea of what science is varies with true ideas of science, and of course, their pride causes them offense, and as they have the 'on' 'off' switch they really have little choice in their sense of ethics but to use the 'off.' Cheers.

I think it would be ethical for you to apologize to everyone for:

1) claiming to know what TRUE science is

2) joining a discussion forum when you had no intention of listening to anyone who disagreed with you, and

3) misspelling "Aristarchos".

I can forgive #3 since you aren't Greek. :P

I don't know about that... What I do know is how pretty you are, Mooey!

Thanks for making my day, man! I did a laughing HA, the kind that are always way louder than you think they're going to be. Scared the hell out of my sleeping dog.

I almost certainly will have been banned by the time you read this.

This gets tiresome very quickly, and is one of those self-fulfilling prophesies. To me, it screams out "I'm a troll!" because you are admitting you are knowingly breaking the rules. Which is why people get banned.

It's true, I bow down to the nothing I know about you.

Although, I think he's sort of onto something, which is if the same mod keeps answering the same topic over and over again, they get tired of it and short with whoever they are discussing it with, which I've seen myself, so it's probably better if mods work in shifts on topics if that helps. Although its not really that their personal opinions get in the way of science ever.

Edited by questionposter

It's true, I bow down to the nothing I know about you.

Although, I think he's sort of onto something, which is if the same mod keeps answering the same topic over and over again, they get tired of it and short with whoever they are discussing it with, which I've seen myself, so it's probably better if mods work in shifts on topics if that helps. Although its not really that their personal opinions get in the way of science ever.

I wish we had a way to work shifts, but in all honesty, we are working people who are volunteering our time in the forum. That won't really be possible. However, we work as a team, and we discuss our actions when and as we take them. Also, when we participate in a thread, we do so as members (for discussion) and not as moderators. That's why *other* moderators usually take the "moderation action".

The moderators have rules too. One of those rules is that if you're participating in a thread, you're not allowed to take moderation actions. If you notice, we take that seriously. We *are* humans, and we sometimes slip -- when that happens, you should feel free to use the "report" button and let the moderators AND admins know about it.

The only exception to this rule is in the Speculation forum. We try to uphold it there too, but in the case of severe trolling, the law is flexible, for the sake of taking quick action. Still, we try our best not to make "final" judgments (like closing a thread) if we participated.

Also, moderators discuss actions -- we don't go off as some lone gunmen up for a kill -- we use the report button too when we think something deserves our attention, and we discuss issues and how to deal with them.

Again, though, we are human beings, and sometimes like any human being we make mistakes and lose ourselves. you should really use the report button if you think that happened. That's why there's a group of us -- to keep everyone in check and notify each other when we make mistakes. If you look at the history of threads, we are known to take a step back every now and then or apologize. The community is important to us, we want to hear from you. If you don't use the report button, we can't really know something's wrong, though. We're not mind readers ;)

~mooey

This gets tiresome very quickly, and is one of those self-fulfilling prophesies. To me, it screams out "I'm a troll!" because you are admitting you are knowingly breaking the rules. Which is why people get banned.

I think he wants to be banned so he can go back to his fundamentalist friends and tell then how shabbily we treated him and how he really did show proof but we rejected it out of hand and then banned him because he wouldn't turn away from the real science of the bible, martyr complex... :rolleyes: