The Ancient Astronaut Argument

euouae

I'm just saying we don't know enough to make any ''assertions''. They may have started off very grand, then over a few hundred years piped down on their size and quality to reserve the heritage of their ancestors... then later a more frivolous and egotistic pharaoh came along and decided to out do them, making the later, |but yonger models| look primitive.

It seems they won't even accept one fact: there are inscriptions on gravestones that were cut in with chisels many years ago.

Ok. Are they wrapped around a perfectly square object all being almost mathematically perfect in size and depth?

Once again no one is considering the precision of the cuts. I work on 3 to 4 floor massive homes on the ocean, I know exactly what it takes to build large structures. For example a 1mil dollar 87,000lb crane was needed to pull out and replace a 30ft palm tree. It had to be brought in from georgia. The tree was est 2 tons. It took a few hours to say the least. 99% of people have no idea what it would have taken to accomplish some of these things. The people claiming they know how these structures were built are taking "an educated guess" which is a sh*t statement. They have no experience in building. Take into account that it would take multiple mobile cranes to move alot of the smaller stones ancient man used.

The thing is none of that matters. The truth is its speculation on BOTH sides. Allthough the facts are that all these different cultures say gods from other planets helped them build these structures. Mainstream historians take the same stories from history and decide which parts and ture and false based on what goes with the standard education.

One of the best cases is the greek gods. The rest of their history is true and taught in school but the parts about so called gods that lived on top of a mountain and meddled in the affairs of men is case aside as myth because it doesnt go with our bible story. Poseidon living in atlantis with the demi god children he bred and it leaving this planet cant coexist with the bible so were raised to believe its all myth.

You shouldn't even be on the science forums if you believe in supernatural beings. To be here is believe in the ancient astronaut theory, whether you know it or not. Its simply subscribing to logic and technology instead of magic gods.

I'm just saying we don't know enough to make any ''assertions''. They may have started off very grand, then over a few hundred years piped down on their size and quality to reserve the heritage of their ancestors... then later a more frivolous and egotistic pharaoh came along and decided to out do them, making the later, |but yonger models| look primitive.

do you have any evidence to back up that assertion?

without evidence it gets cut off by occams razor.

Ok. Are they wrapped around a perfectly square object all being almost mathematically perfect in size and depth?

Once again no one is considering the precision of the cuts. I work on 3 to 4 floor massive homes on the ocean, I know exactly what it takes to build large structures. For example a 1mil dollar 87,000lb crane was needed to pull out and replace a 30ft palm tree. It had to be brought in from georgia. The tree was est 2 tons. It took a few hours to say the least. 99% of people have no idea what it would have taken to accomplish some of these things. The people claiming they know how these structures were built are taking "an educated guess" which is a sh*t statement. They have no experience in building. Take into account that it would take multiple mobile cranes to move alot of the smaller stones ancient man used.

The thing is none of that matters. The truth is its speculation on BOTH sides. Allthough the facts are that all these different cultures say gods from other planets helped them build these structures. Mainstream historians take the same stories from history and decide which parts and ture and false based on what goes with the standard education.

One of the best cases is the greek gods. The rest of their history is true and taught in school but the parts about so called gods that lived on top of a mountain and meddled in the affairs of men is case aside as myth because it doesnt go with our bible story. Poseidon living in atlantis with the demi god children he bred and it leaving this planet cant coexist with the bible so were raised to believe its all myth.

You shouldn't even be on the science forums if you believe in supernatural beings. To be here is believe in the ancient astronaut theory, whether you know it or not. Its simply subscribing to logic and technology instead of magic gods.

One reason for the need to be so precise in cutting the stones and fitting them together is the lack of mortar, as a builder you should know this better than most.

As for the rest of your post, there’s as much evidence for magic gods as there is for your alien friends, unless of course you have something to share other than insults.

Let's assume they did quarry, move and set these stones. I would like to bring up the precision aspect. The very little I know about the technology we use to precision cut stones and other materials is already amazing to me. What truly amazes me is the industry standard is below that of some of these ancient cultures. There are many examples of precision cuts that we could not duplicate so perfectly today with lasers and computer driven machines.

You admit that you know next to nothing about the technology we use to precision cut stones, and yet you know that those ancient stones were cut so precisely that we can't duplicate it? That's just nonsense. Don't believe everything you see on the History Channel. That that "I'm not saying it was aliens" guy (the one with hair that could only have been cut by an alien with complete disregard for human sensibilities) knows doodly squat about modern engineering, let alone about ancient technologies, doesn't mean that aliens are required. It just means that he knows doodly squat.

Or it could just mean that he's lying because lying is so dang lucrative.

Forget the weight, there will always be an arguement. what should be focused on is the exactness and their compond miders, bevels, spherical objects and what appear to be laser cut enscriptions on the obelisks. Ancient man did things that could not have been done without technology.

They had the technology, and lasers weren't needed.

Another point I would like to raise is the number of planets that exist. If there is life on this planet, only an arrogant fool would say theres not bound to be life on another. Especially since the number of planets is a number we cant contemplate. We are literally like a group of people on a tiny island that have never left and assume theres nothing else out there. It is not only sad but shows to arrogance of man.

The easiest answer to the Fermi paradox is that intelligent life is rare. A universe with millions of intelligent species means we are essentially all alone. Obviously not unique, but all alone nonetheless.

do you have any evidence to back up that assertion?

without evidence it gets cut off by occams razor.

Well, I think its safe to say the origins of pyramidal structures went even before the ancient Egyptian culture. Arguably, they could have mastered the technique of pyramidal building before their empire had even formed. Secondly, it was not unheard of for pharaoh's to see their predocessors as sacred... nor is it unheard of that certain pharaoh's ignored ''old ways of things'' and tried to out do them.

Ok, I'll bite into this one, Ancient Astronauts, i happen to think that religion is at least partially the result of contact between aliens and humans, I have no real proof but that is another thread for sure. But I'd really like to know how primitive humans moved 800 ton blocks of stone much less carved them.... But aliens did it? How did they do it? Magical technology we can't understand? maybe... but think of this, for us to move such stone blocks would require huge amounts of equipment, machines and the trained aliens to run them. Can you imagine a human construction crew building the Pyramids and not leaving behind traces of them being there? All the traces we see are traces of primitive humans.

Can you imagine aliens caring enough about building such monuments that they would go through the trouble to ferrying the equipment necessary down to the Earth? Such an undertaking would be immense not to mention meaningless...

If such help was given they were immaculate in their clean up methods, they left behind no traces what so ever, no pieces of broken machines, no traces such gigantic machines would leave behind, no lost articles of technology? Can you imagine a human construction crew not loosing a few rings watches or other similar items, nuts and bolts at least? Aliens might not have worn watches you say? maybe not but i feel confident that aliens, real physical beings, would have left behind atavistic items that would stand out like sore thumbs today.

i think humans built everything we see today, when you have thousands of slaves you can use like pieces of equipment you can do some pretty awesome things if you don't care about the workers much. Human determination and ingenuity is awesome, asserting aliens did it is insulting...

Those 800 ton blocks of stone are troubling but not an indication of aliens...

I already understand a lot of things, but the purpose of that post isn't one of them.

The English-language version of WIKI tells you more about him

http://en.wikipedia....ic_observations

It says things like "Sitchin's ideas were rejected by scientists and academics, who dismiss his work as pseudoscience and pseudohistory. Sitchin's work has been criticized for flawed methodology and mistranslations of ancient texts as well as for incorrect astronomical and scientific claims"

Zecharia Sitchin Theories has lacks and faults like any theory...possibly every thing he says is not true or demostrable (twelfth planet,...) ...but give a global idea of the civilization that explains a lot of thinks (religion, mithes, link between them, Giza, floot, ...)

There are a lot of literature there... but also very good ideas and lines to be studied.

I think that is very poor not to accept a theory because "Sitchin's ideas were rejected by scientists and academics".... I espect more of you and that you may have your own criteria

Part of the theories of Zecharia Sitchin could not be academic or demostrable ... but most of them fits very well with the human history.

Every thing is pseudoscience and pseudohistory util somebody can prove or demostrate it !!!...but not for it has to be wrong or not true !!!

Ok, I'll bite into this one, Ancient Astronauts, i happen to think that religion is at least partially the result of contact between aliens and humans, I have no real proof but that is another thread for sure. But I'd really like to know how primitive humans moved 800 ton blocks of stone much less carved them.... But aliens did it? How did they do it? Magical technology we can't understand? maybe... but think of this, for us to move such stone blocks would require huge amounts of equipment, machines and the trained aliens to run them. Can you imagine a human construction crew building the Pyramids and not leaving behind traces of them being there? All the traces we see are traces of primitive humans.

Can you imagine aliens caring enough about building such monuments that they would go through the trouble to ferrying the equipment necessary down to the Earth? Such an undertaking would be immense not to mention meaningless...

If such help was given they were immaculate in their clean up methods, they left behind no traces what so ever, no pieces of broken machines, no traces such gigantic machines would leave behind, no lost articles of technology? Can you imagine a human construction crew not loosing a few rings watches or other similar items, nuts and bolts at least? Aliens might not have worn watches you say? maybe not but i feel confident that aliens, real physical beings, would have left behind atavistic items that would stand out like sore thumbs today.

i think humans built everything we see today, when you have thousands of slaves you can use like pieces of equipment you can do some pretty awesome things if you don't care about the workers much. Human determination and ingenuity is awesome, asserting aliens did it is insulting...

Those 800 ton blocks of stone are troubling but not an indication of aliens...

Have you been sometime in Egypt, Perú, Stone Edge...? I did....and humans like us didn´t do it for sure !!!... possible the ginats that the Blible talk about... but humans like us sure not... there are no sence to do it !!!

If you go to this places you will see something very curious: As more ancient are the rocks and buildings, larger are the stones, they come from quarries farther and are more perfectly shaped than the more recent.

Please, look for your self...and take your own opinion.

Edited by dapifo

Zecharia Sitchin Theories has lacks and faults like any theory...possibly every thing he says is not true or demostrable (twelfth planet,...) ...but give a global idea of the civilization that explains a lot of thinks (religion, mithes, link between them, Giza, floot, ...)

There are a lot of literature there... but also very good ideas and lines to be studied.

I think that is very poor not to accept a theory because "Sitchin's ideas were rejected by scientists and academics".... I espect more of you and that you may have your own criteria

Part of the theories of Zecharia Sitchin could not be academic or demostrable ... but most of them fits very well with the human history.

Every thing is pseudoscience and pseudohistory util somebody can prove or demostrate it !!!...but not for it has to be wrong or not true !!!

Have you been sometime in Egypt, Perú, Stone Edge...? I did....and humans like us didn´t do it for sure !!!... possible the ginats that the Blible talk about... but humans like us sure not... there are no sence to do it !!!

If you go to this places you will see something very curious: As more ancient are the rocks and buildings, larger are the stones, they come from quarries farther and are more perfectly shaped than the more recent.

I saw this on youtube and thought this would be right up your street

I don't support it. It's just another wild wacky... brains dribble out your ears theory to me lol

By this rational I can only assume you think magic is real.

If an advanced civilisation demonstrates its technology to a primitive people they are likely to ascribe the affects to “magic” simply because they lack the knowledge to understand what they are seeing. The arrogance to assume that an ancient civilisation lacks its own technology is quite revealing. Because we don’t understand their technology doesn’t make it magic, we simply don’t understand. As Moontanman says it’s insulting; to assume that just because we ‘seem’ more civilised doesn’t make them less intelligent, they’re our ancestors.

My Point exactly! To not subscribe to the ancient astronaut fact is to believe in gods and magic. All the ancient stories are either a giant collective lie to fool modern man into thinking we were helped along by people from other planets or theres something to it.

To me even a simpleton could understand the evidence. I dont even understand how some one could read the sumerian texts, the book of ezekiel, ect with out thinking of people from other planets. The only explanation I could come up with, is that they dont want to!

Its very suprising to think that a physicist, some one who believes all things can be explained (correct me if I'm wrong) wouldnt atleast have to admit if the stories are true they werent about Gods but about ET's. Maybe youve become so literal and mathematical you've lost touch with reality? I dont know.

Ancient man could not have made compound miders that you cant shine a laser through. If you honestly believe they could have then that simply sounds like youve never tried to cut a compound mider using wood let alone giant stones. I actually have. Thats why i bring up the precision, its impossible without sophisticated machinery and tools. There have been more than a few machining and building experts that stated they could not duplicate the accuracy. Sounds like most of the poeple on this forum have only seen a few minutes of the show and made a snap decision based on a few moments (a bad trait of man).

The more I hear people reasoning behind not even listening or trying to understand the ancient astronaut theory the more I realize its mainly a psychological problem with most people.

Its like during WWII when the SS ran propaganda about the jews in the newspaper and on the radio for long enough and the people eventually bought into it and went along with genocide. Its seems that through out the ages governments have figured out that if you just keep repeating lies eventually people will believe them and it will be very difficult to convince them of anything else.

Every day at work I see building on a massive scale. I see cranes and men with sophisticated machinery and tools struggling to do a descent job (compared to ancient man). I absolutely understand why people with no experience in building could be convinced that men with ropes and logs quarried moved and stacked 100 to 500 ton stones. Not to mention the fact that it was drilled into your head since childhood.

I'm absolutely an atheist, I believe all religeon is about ignorance and control and has caused 90% of the problems on this planet BUT I cannot still help but utter the phrase "Oh my god" or "Jesus F'n christ" when I get upset. I don't want to but its ingrained in my mind from childhood. It shows me how weak and impressionable to human mind is and how easy it is to make it believe something and hang onto it even when the person doesnt want to. To me this point explains the rejection of the ancient astronaut theory.

My Point exactly! To not subscribe to the ancient astronaut fact is to believe in gods and magic. All the ancient stories are either a giant collective lie to fool modern man into thinking we were helped along by people from other planets or theres something to it.

To me even a simpleton could understand the evidence. I dont even understand how some one could read the sumerian texts, the book of ezekiel, ect with out thinking of people from other planets. The only explanation I could come up with, is that they dont want to!

Its very suprising to think that a physicist, some one who believes all things can be explained (correct me if I'm wrong) wouldnt atleast have to admit if the stories are true they werent about Gods but about ET's. Maybe youve become so literal and mathematical you've lost touch with reality? I dont know.

Ancient man could not have made compound miders that you cant shine a laser through. If you honestly believe they could have then that simply sounds like youve never tried to cut a compound mider using wood let alone giant stones. I actually have. Thats why i bring up the precision, its impossible without sophisticated machinery and tools. There have been more than a few machining and building experts that stated they could not duplicate the accuracy. Sounds like most of the poeple on this forum have only seen a few minutes of the show and made a snap decision based on a few moments (a bad trait of man).

The more I hear people reasoning behind not even listening or trying to understand the ancient astronaut theory the more I realize its mainly a psychological problem with most people.

Its like during WWII when the SS ran propaganda about the jews in the newspaper and on the radio for long enough and the people eventually bought into it and went along with genocide. Its seems that through out the ages governments have figured out that if you just keep repeating lies eventually people will believe them and it will be very difficult to convince them of anything else.

Every day at work I see building on a massive scale. I see cranes and men with sophisticated machinery and tools struggling to do a descent job (compared to ancient man). I absolutely understand why people with no experience in building could be convinced that men with ropes and logs quarried moved and stacked 100 to 500 ton stones. Not to mention the fact that it was drilled into your head since childhood.

I'm absolutely an atheist, I believe all religeon is about ignorance and control and has caused 90% of the problems on this planet BUT I cannot still help but utter the phrase "Oh my god" or "Jesus F'n christ" when I get upset. I don't want to but its ingrained in my mind from childhood. It shows me how weak and impressionable to human mind is and how easy it is to make it believe something and hang onto it even when the person doesnt want to. To me this point explains the rejection of the ancient astronaut theory.

Again with the insults and yet still no actual EVIDENCE, as I said in my previous post they needed to cut and place the stones accurately because of the lack of mortar, why didn’t these advanced aliens realise the use of mortar would reduce the need to be so accurate and make the structure much easier to build.

You are correct, in that, culture has an enormous influence on how we think and perceive science overcomes this, by the use of empirical evidence rather than just conjecture and here say. Time to pony up the evidence that supports your assertion, just because you can’t think of a reasonable explanation doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist.

Just because we don't know how they did it does not mean they couldn't have done it.

They would have invested a great deal of time and energy into learning how to do these things with the tools available at the time (something which we have not done).

At last I find someone with the ability to see things for himself (there is more) ...

I'm not atheist but I'm agnostic (I cannot prove if there is or not God)...but is incredible that millions of persons could belive in different Gods and Messiah.. read and follow the Bible, Koran, Kabala, Vedas, .... and read about mythologies Egyptian, Sumerian, Greek, Indus, Inca, Maya, ...and don´t see really what is there !!!

They preffer to believe in God/s that in Beings....incredible !!!!

Edited by dapifo

Again with the insults and yet still no actual EVIDENCE, as I said in my previous post they needed to cut and place the stones accurately because of the lack of mortar, why didn't these advanced aliens realise the use of mortar would reduce the need to be so accurate and make the structure much easier to build.

You are correct, in that, culture has an enormous influence on how we think and perceive science overcomes this, by the use of empirical evidence rather than just conjecture and here say. Time to pony up the evidence that supports your assertion, just because you can't think of a reasonable explanation doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

I've admitted I'll put aside all the building aspects of the "theory" I was just defending myself against the fact that some one stated I know nothing about building. I'm also not trying to insult anyone I'm just giving my opinion from a psychological standpoint. Telling some one they could be wrong isnt insulting them, allthough for some reason people in our time seem to take it that way. I once heard some one say finding out theyre wrong is more exciting than being right. I do not mean to insult, just to make you think. Plus we must never forget and age old truth! The truth is often met with anger and disbelief before it is recognized.

There is no other reasonable explanation for all the stories of the God's. For the longest time as an atheist I believed it was in man's nature to create a god and heaven just like birds fly south but then I learned all the subtle details of all the different religeons and there is a distinct pattern and similarity. Even between cultures where it was a fact they never knew anything about eachother. If it were 1 or 2 or even 3 I could dismiss the AA theory and go back to a psychological answer but this is not the case.

The ancient astronaut theory only seems crazy and fantastic because we are brought up to believe the notion of people or creatures from other planets is rediculous and people that believe that are looked down upon and considered crazed outcasts. When in reality its the only logical explanation for 100s of differnet stories of God's coming and going from the heavens.As someone else stated, ancient man was far from stupid. My point is that stupidity and ignorance are two totally different things when it comes to describing what you saw. You could be the brightest and best scientist this planet has to offer but if you see something that our language and knowledge has no way to describe you would have to use what you know to best describe it. In ancients man case, chariots of fire, giant metal birds, whales with bronze ribs, people with wings ect. The list could go on for pages.

How can we trust education from a government that subscribes to a religeous theory that the earth was created in 6 days and 7 nights by a supernatural being? We cannot. Its like believing everything a used car salesman tells you. You have to remember the same institution that believes that is what monitors american education. My point is that we are taking education from an institution whose way of thinking hasnt gone past the 1900s just because they dont want to let go of a false faith. I take as an insult to our intelligence every time I look down and see "In god we trust" on our money.

Why do you think NASA isnt funded as it should be? Because of religeon. Even though exploration of space is the most important challenge facing humanity it is pushed aside because people are afriad to find out theyre wrong.

The stuggle of Lloyd Pye is a perfect example. A Non- Human skull was found and through various studies it was proven to not only be a totally different shape but proven not to have been modified by any known methods found around the world. The skull was also made of a different type of bone than that of a human with very strong threads weaved with in it. Every aspect was proved to be non-human and it allowed them to get funding for extensive DNA testing.

When the results came in (which were double and triple checked) they proved that 2 non-humans used a human female to have a baby just as we do today. Also coinciding with the hundreds of "immaculate conception" stories.

When Lloyd Pye presented his evidence he was told by the scientific community that he was wasting his time because no matter what he found they would write it off as a natural genetic mutation.

I use this as the perfect example. DNA is what we use to decide whether or not some one will be put to death in this country. Science considers it unquestionable. Yet when it is presented in a case that goes against everything we are told all of a sudden DNA means nothing.

Just like carbon dating is used by scientists all around the world and considered to be fact, but when structures come up as being much older than they are supposed to be the mainstream community says its incorrect.

The scientist that dated the carvings on the kensington rune stone that proves sinclair was here before columbus was told he was incorrect even though he was entrusted with all the testing on meterials for the 911 tragedy. Again, showing the scientific and historical community only letting through facts that go along with our government education.

Its the same reason certain political parties say that the notion were destroying that planet is a huge scam.. money, power ect. Then once again we trust this institution to educate us!

Possibly i was a bit too vague in my last post.... Visitation by ancient aliens does not equal them piling up huge stones for us. Even for aliens it would be a colossal undertaking. We see no signs of their presence, but we do see evidence of thousands of humans living there as workers. So far i see no reason to connect aliens with megalithic structures other than possibly inspiring the ancients to build them but even that has little if any supporting evidence.

I've admitted I'll put aside all the building aspects of the "theory" I was just defending myself against the fact that some one stated I know nothing about building. I'm also not trying to insult anyone I'm just giving my opinion from a psychological standpoint. Telling some one they could be wrong isnt insulting them, allthough for some reason people in our time seem to take it that way. I once heard some one say finding out theyre wrong is more exciting than being right. I do not mean to insult, just to make you think. Plus we must never forget and age old truth! The truth is often met with anger and disbelief before it is recognized.

There is no other reasonable explanation for all the stories of the God's. For the longest time as an atheist I believed it was in man's nature to create a god and heaven just like birds fly south but then I learned all the subtle details of all the different religeons and there is a distinct pattern and similarity. Even between cultures where it was a fact they never knew anything about eachother. If it were 1 or 2 or even 3 I could dismiss the AA theory and go back to a psychological answer but this is not the case.

The ancient astronaut theory only seems crazy and fantastic because we are brought up to believe the notion of people or creatures from other planets is rediculous and people that believe that are looked down upon and considered crazed outcasts. When in reality its the only logical explanation for 100s of differnet stories of God's coming and going from the heavens.As someone else stated, ancient man was far from stupid. My point is that stupidity and ignorance are two totally different things when it comes to describing what you saw. You could be the brightest and best scientist this planet has to offer but if you see something that our language and knowledge has no way to describe you would have to use what you know to best describe it. In ancients man case, chariots of fire, giant metal birds, whales with bronze ribs, people with wings ect. The list could go on for pages.

How can we trust education from a government that subscribes to a religeous theory that the earth was created in 6 days and 7 nights by a supernatural being? We cannot. Its like believing everything a used car salesman tells you. You have to remember the same institution that believes that is what monitors american education. My point is that we are taking education from an institution whose way of thinking hasnt gone past the 1900s just because they dont want to let go of a false faith. I take as an insult to our intelligence every time I look down and see "In god we trust" on our money.

Why do you think NASA isnt funded as it should be? Because of religeon. Even though exploration of space is the most important challenge facing humanity it is pushed aside because people are afriad to find out theyre wrong.

The stuggle of Lloyd Pye is a perfect example. A Non- Human skull was found and through various studies it was proven to not only be a totally different shape but proven not to have been modified by any known methods found around the world. The skull was also made of a different type of bone than that of a human with very strong threads weaved with in it. Every aspect was proved to be non-human and it allowed them to get funding for extensive DNA testing.

When the results came in (which were double and triple checked) they proved that 2 non-humans used a human female to have a baby just as we do today. Also coinciding with the hundreds of "immaculate conception" stories.

When Lloyd Pye presented his evidence he was told by the scientific community that he was wasting his time because no matter what he found they would write it off as a natural genetic mutation.

I use this as the perfect example. DNA is what we use to decide whether or not some one will be put to death in this country. Science considers it unquestionable. Yet when it is presented in a case that goes against everything we are told all of a sudden DNA means nothing.

Just like carbon dating is used by scientists all around the world and considered to be fact, but when structures come up as being much older than they are supposed to be the mainstream community says its incorrect.

The scientist that dated the carvings on the kensington rune stone that proves sinclair was here before columbus was told he was incorrect even though he was entrusted with all the testing on meterials for the 911 tragedy. Again, showing the scientific and historical community only letting through facts that go along with our government education.

Its the same reason certain political parties say that the notion were destroying that planet is a huge scam.. money, power ect. Then once again we trust this institution to educate us!

Do you have any evidence of that skull other than your assertions? The idea of aliens reproducing with humans is absurd, it would be easier to mate with a pine tree, at least we are related to pine trees. Even if aliens were humanoid in appearance it doesn't mean we could reproduce with them, their DNA or what ever they used in place of it would have no connection with humans.

Ancient man could not have made compound miders that you cant shine a laser through. If you honestly believe they could have then that simply sounds like youve never tried to cut a compound mider using wood let alone giant stones.

People have been cutting compound miter corners for centuries with nothing more than a saw. It's not hard to do, nor it is particularly tricky to learn. You don't need a compound miter saw or a laser, just a hand saw and some practice will suffice.

Possibly i was a bit too vague in my last post.... Visitation by ancient aliens does not equal them piling up huge stones for us. Even for aliens it would be a colossal undertaking. We see no signs of their presence, but we do see evidence of thousands of humans living there as workers. So far i see no reason to connect aliens with megalithic structures other than possibly inspiring the ancients to build them but even that has little if any supporting evidence.

Do you have any evidence of that skull other than your assertions? The idea of aliens reproducing with humans is absurd, it would be easier to mate with a pine tree, at least we are related to pine trees. Even if aliens were humanoid in appearance it doesn't mean we could reproduce with them, their DNA or what ever they used in place of it would have no connection with humans.

Just go on youtube and put in lloyd pye starchild skull... all the testing and proof is in the free documentaries. I guess the use of the term Non-human is incorrect as the DNA shows humaniod just more DNA. Almost a more evolved human would be the best description. Again its a perfect example. Youre here arguing against the ancient astronaut fact yet you know nothing of whats called the starchild skull. If you acutally listen to the facts about it they are irrefutable and can only be denied by choice not by reason.

Not to mention you dont even know that most of the ancient accounts of God's describe them to look like us. All the "religeons" even say they made us in their image, that phrase is used time and time again. Thats part of the problem. People think little green men, meanwhile the stories simply describe humans or what appear to be very close to human arriving with technology and the power of flight.

As far as little green men and other creatures that have been described why is that so hard to believe? If we supposedly evolved from primates why on another planet could reptiles not evolve into an upright intelligent species or any other type of creature for that matter? It would depend on which species comes out on top and has the freedom to evolve. Certain species of birds show high intellect and the ability to solve problems, other animals show emotions a anger just like humans. Its actually rediculous to think it hasnt happened on other planets.

As far as little green men and other creatures that have been described why is that so hard to believe? If we supposedly evolved from primates why on another planet could reptiles not evolve into an upright intelligent species or any other type of creature for that matter? It would depend on which species comes out on top and has the freedom to evolve. Certain species of birds show high intellect and the ability to solve problems, other animals show emotions a anger just like humans. Its actually rediculous to think it hasnt happened on other planets.

It's not necessarily ridiculous, but it's certainly a little arrogant, and it's not good science to presuppose conclusions without evidence.

Which is exactly the problem with the ancient alien proposal - there's no hard evidence.

If you had a 5,000 year old building made with titanium, now we have something to talk about since, as far as we know, humans did not even know about titanium until the 18th century, and we could not produce it in a pure form until the early 20th. (FYI, this is one of the ways art historians can date paintings - they look for titanium oxide in the white paint).

Let's consider the problems with this idea:

1. Some alien culture discovered a method of interstellar travel that involved:

• a way of reaching our solar system from another (a journey of at least 4 light years)
  • a method of shielding the crew from cosmic radiation (or a crew immune to its effects)
  • a method of protecting the ship from cosmic debris
  • a method of keeping the crew alive for the duration of the journey.

2. This alien culture had nothing better to do with our planet than pop down and build monuments to themselves. No mass extraction of resources, no colonization.

3. They managed to do all this without leaving behind more than anecdotal evidence about the whole thing. No signs of heavy construction equipment, no landing zones. (I mean if God descended from on high in your back yard, don't you think you'd kind of mark that spot and keep an eye on it in case He came back?).

As for the star child skull:

DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD (Bureau of Legal Dentistry), a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull, "conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes."

Further DNA testing in 2003 at Trace Genetics, which specializes in extracting DNA from ancient samples, isolated mitochondrial DNA from both recovered skulls. The child belongs to haplogroup C. Since mitochondrial DNA is inherited exclusively from the mother, it makes it possible to trace the offspring's maternal lineage. The DNA test therefore confirmed that the child's mother was a Haplogroup C human female. However, the adult female found with the child belonged to haplogroup A. Both haplotypes are characteristic Native American haplogroups, but the different haplogroup for each skull indicates that the adult female was not the child's mother.

(from http://en.wikipedia...._skull#Analysis)

Just go on youtube and put in lloyd pye starchild skull... all the testing and proof is in the free documentaries. I guess the use of the term Non-human is incorrect as the DNA shows humaniod just more DNA. Almost a more evolved human would be the best description. Again its a perfect example. Youre here arguing against the ancient astronaut fact yet you know nothing of whats called the starchild skull. If you acutally listen to the facts about it they are irrefutable and can only be denied by choice not by reason.

I do indeed know about the star child skull, no alien DNA was found in it and your assertion that is had been found in a skull threw me off. Your assertion that is is an alien skull is not supported by the evidence. I have not argued against the idea of alien contact in ancient times i just don't see any evidence they piled up rocks for us.

Not to mention you dont even know that most of the ancient accounts of God's describe them to look like us. All the "religeons" even say they made us in their image, that phrase is used time and time again. Thats part of the problem. People think little green men, meanwhile the stories simply describe humans or what appear to be very close to human arriving with technology and the power of flight.

It doesn't matter if they look exactly like us that doesn't mean we share any DNA, BTW i suggest you read your own link...

*oops my bad, it wasn't your link but i suggest you read it none the less.

I never suggested that there could not be intelligent aliens, i just said they could not mate with us and produce off spring and i see no evidence they piled up rocks into pyramids....

Edited by Moontanman

I firmly believe that....

Part of the difficulty here is perception. You "firmly believe that" something extraordinary is true, while the people you think are being close-minded are offering legitimate, rational, supported observations for what they trust is the best explanation. Who has really closed their mind off in this instance?

Just go on youtube and put in lloyd pye starchild skull... all the testing and proof is in the free documentaries. I guess the use of the term Non-human is incorrect as the DNA shows humaniod just more DNA.

The starchild skull is just another hoax. The skull is real, but it's human. To claim that this is a human alien cross is absolutely ridiculous.

Almost a more evolved human would be the best description.

No, there is a much better description. It is exactly like the skull of a child with congenital hydrocephalus.

If you acutally listen to the facts about it they are irrefutable and can only be denied by choice not by reason.

The only ones who are blind to reason and evidence are the people who fall for this hoax. The easiest explanation to those elaborate ancient stoneworks is that our ancestors did it all by themselves. There's no need for gods, no need for aliens. The easiest explanation for people like Lloyd Pye, Erich von Däniken, Giorgio A. Tsoukalos, etc. is that there is a lot of easy money to be made from the hordes of gullible people out there.

As far as little green men and other creatures that have been described why is that so hard to believe?

Because it's nonsense, at least in the way portrayed by the hoaxsters.

Its actually rediculous to think it hasnt happened on other planets.

That's a false dilemma, a fallacy. You should read our rules on the use of fallacies.

You are implicitly creating an either/or situation here. You are ignoring the fact that the universe is very huge. Suppose there are a billion of intelligent species throughout the observable universe. That means one intelligent species per galactic cluster: We are all alone. You are also ignoring that getting from one star to another (let alone one galaxy to another) takes an incredible amount of energy and time. Once again, we are essentially all alone. That intelligent life is rare and transient is by far the easiest answer to the Fermi paradox. That we did it all by ourselves is the easiest answer to how we built the pyramids, Machu Picchu, Stonehenge, etc.

Well, I think its safe to say the origins of pyramidal structures went even before the ancient Egyptian culture. Arguably, they could have mastered the technique of pyramidal building before their empire had even formed. Secondly, it was not unheard of for pharaoh's to see their predocessors as sacred... nor is it unheard of that certain pharaoh's ignored ''old ways of things'' and tried to out do them.

that'll be a 'no' then?

"I think that is very poor not to accept a theory because "Sitchin's ideas were rejected by scientists and academics".... I espect more of you and that you may have your own criteria"

What do you think we pay scientists and academics for then?

I have not seen anything about the pyramids that requires anything more than human bloody mindedness to achieve.

And I worry about anyone who uses a 40 ton crane (whether that's its mass or its capacity) to move a 2 ton tree.