How to survive without these body parts?

Green Xenon

Hi:

I want to eliminate the following body parts because they are a nuisance to me:

1. Digestive system [including, the mouth, lips, teeth, gums, tongue, rectum, anus, and jaw BUT excluding the liver because the liver is absolutely essential for survival and cannot be replaced with artificial devices]

2. Urinary system

3. Entire integumentary system and its appendages [such as skin, hair, and nails]

4. Reproductive system

5. Gallbladder

6. Olfactory system [including nose]

7. Outer ears [including wax-producing cells]

8. Middle ears

9. Breasts

10. Any epithelium not necessary for survival, given the state of today’s technology

11. Limbs [such as toes] and muscles, tendons, & ligaments attached to them

12. Adam’s apple

13. Adipose tissues

14. Any skeletal muscle not need for vital functions [such as breathing] as well as any ligament or tendon attached to such a muscle

15. Parts of the eyes not directly involved in – or necessary for – vision. Example of such parts are tear glands/ducts, eyelids, cornea and sclera; I would still be able to see without them.

16. Muscles of the ear

17. Hips

18. Waist

With today's technology, I don't need a digestive system because I can live off of parenteral nutrition. In addition, dialysis can substitute for the urinary system. I'm also sure something can substitute for the eye/ear parts I would like to remove.

In addition, a synthetic substitute can replace my skin to protect my body from infection and dehydration that would otherwise result.

I hate needing to use the bathroom. I drool when I floss and the salivating sickens me intensely. I hate the bad taste on my tongue in the morning. I hate foul odors. I hate having to cut/file my nails. Shaving and haircuts are insufferable pests. Earwax is disgusting. I don't plan to have children nor am I interested in a relationship, so there is no need for a reproductive system. Nasal allergies just make me want to burn my nostrils. Healthy foods [such as vegetables] make me gag.

Thanks,

GX

How do you propose to communicate without your lips, teeth, gums, tongue, and jaw?

I'm also not sure how you plan to have functioning eyes without eyelids, tear ducts, or a cornea. I also understand that dialysis patients don't particularly enjoy the process.

For many of these problems (nails, hair, earwax, etc.), surely it would be easier to pay someone to handle them for you, while you sit in a recliner watching your favorite televised entertainment.

How do you propose to communicate without your lips, teeth, gums, tongue, and jaw?

Using this: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/brain-computer-interface1.htm

I'm also not sure how you plan to have functioning eyes without eyelids, tear ducts, or a cornea.

Using artificial devices that will protect the retinae while allowing light to pass through.

I also understand that dialysis patients don't particularly enjoy the process.

What do most patients find uncomfortable about dialysis?

No matter how healthy I am, there will be a certain age at which my heart will malfunction. This results from the natural process of aging. When I reach this point in my life, I would like my heart to be replaced by an artificial heart.

More info can be found on artificial hearts here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_heart#Total_artificial_heart

Readers may have more questions:

1. How I plan to spend my time after my dream operation is done on me?

Make music by plugging my brain-computer interface to a synthesizer. Specifically, I’d like to make karaoke tracks for both pop music [such as Backstreet Boys] as well as bollywood songs [including the songs in old Hindi films].

2. What would I like to have done with the unwanted body parts after they are removed?

I would like the parts that can be transplanted to be donated to someone who really needs them.

Edited by Green Xenon