How to get into politics?

dragonstar57

As a teenager intrested in polotics how does someone get into polotics?

I live out west in New Mexico, and I knew a buddy from high school who was also always interested in politics. Well he went to school and worked with democratic campaigns as a volunteer during the 2008 election. He then joined the Democratic party at his university and eventually became president of the party at that university. I asked him once how one gets involved at a high level. He said that if you volunteer and help campaigns you can eventually get paid jobs, provided you work hard enough. He also told me most people who win political office hire their advisers and such from their campaign.

I live out west in New Mexico, and I knew a buddy from high school who was also always interested in politics. Well he went to school and worked with democratic campaigns as a volunteer during the 2008 election. He then joined the Democratic party at his university and eventually became president of the party at that university. I asked him once how one gets involved at a high level. He said that if you volunteer and help campaigns you can eventually get paid jobs, provided you work hard enough. He also told me most people who win political office hire their advisers and such from their campaign.

What kinds of campaigns and how do u find them and what kinds of education would be best? I like polotics but would hate to give up my interests in physics' chem' programing and technology *ps. I wrote this on my droid so sry about any errors/typos*

Edited by dragonstar57

First, I would check out the websites of the major political parties but especially some of the independent ones. As you've no doubt been reading, the two major parties seem to be a bit off-platform in their attempts to please as many people as possible.

Once you determine which party most closely represents your stance on the issues, you should be able to find a local chapter that is gearing up for next year's election. Volunteer and work hard.

My advice would be to stick with your science and technology interests, and take some Political Science courses when you can. If you're not in college yet, ask your counselor for some course work suggestions.

It would be great to have a future politician with a good science background. Even if you decided to be a Republican.

Apologies if I missed it, but which country are we talking about?

Apologies for not specifying. I was talking about the US

First, I would check out the websites of the major political parties but especially some of the independent ones. As you've no doubt been reading, the two major parties seem to be a bit off-platform in their attempts to please as many people as possible.

Once you determine which party most closely represents your stance on the issues, you should be able to find a local chapter that is gearing up for next year's election. Volunteer and work hard.

My advice would be to stick with your science and technology interests, and take some Political Science courses when you can. If you're not in college yet, ask your counselor for some course work suggestions.

It would be great to have a future politician with a good science background. Even if you decided to be a Republican.

is there a party a little left of the democratic patty :D

Edited by dragonstar57