Speculation Question

Curiousabout

I am training my Elephant in my back yard. Another intelligent life form is observing our planet from 10 light years away. They have advanced technology and can observe daily life on this planet. Would there observation of my yard be, a man training his animal or would they be seeing some thing that happened years ago? observation can we exist infinite based on distance?

I am training my Elephant in my back yard. Another intelligent life form is observing our planet from 10 light years away. They have advanced technology and can observe daily life on this planet. Would there observation of my yard be, a man training his animal or would they be seeing some thing that happened years ago? observation can we exist infinite based on distance?

Their observations would be of an Earth as it was 10 years ago. It takes light from Earth 10 years to get to "their planet" at a distance of 10 light years.

//

Edited by pantheory

Today, they would probably see you training your dog 10 years ago, before the elephant stepped on him. 10 years from now, if their technology had advanced to the point where they could read lips, they would see you today saying, "Bad elephant!"